Release INSTEON Home Automation Addon
Have you heard of cinema experience it would be cool to integrate this with that, that allows trivia slides, xbmc bumper, trailers played through apple trailers, sound trailer, special bumper I made, then feature. It's pretty cool same automation as a theater would be cool to create levels of lighting for each transition. It's made more for quartz, aeon, amber skins has a quirk on confluence where it only works within library view. I use confluence because it works great with leap motion controller. Also been playing with vox commando and it would be cool to give voice commands to adjust the lighting. Again thx for this service can't say it enough
(2014-07-07, 11:06)aftermath2008 Wrote: Have you heard of cinema experience it would be cool to integrate this with that, that allows trivia slides, xbmc bumper, trailers played through apple trailers, sound trailer, special bumper I made, then feature. It's pretty cool same automation as a theater would be cool to create levels of lighting for each transition. It's made more for quartz, aeon, amber skins has a quirk on confluence where it only works within library view. I use confluence because it works great with leap motion controller. Also been playing with vox commando and it would be cool to give voice commands to adjust the lighting. Again thx for this service can't say it enough

With regard to Cinema Experience (which is possibly the greatest XBMC Addon ever created), I believe that there is already home automation integration built in, however I have not used this extension yet, so I am not completely familiar with the level of integration or how to set it up. Given what you would like to achieve, I think that the CE home automation setup may be more suitable to your needs. Hope this helps and thank you for your kind words, I'm always happy to share where I can.
The Internet isn't free. It just has an economy that makes no sense to capitalism.
tonight set up insteon control via voice control it works more with individual devices but its cool i still prefer how yours is automated but using vox commando i created scrape actions and so if your across the room you can be like fan on lights on its a nice addition to yours. becoming obsessed with voxcommando.
First I would like to say thanks for the great add on. I love having my lights respond to what the TV is doing! One problem I'm having is while a video is paused it seems like XBMC is constantly sending commands to the Hub, blocking any other commands. Is there a setting that will make it only broadcast once when the video is paused?
how can i donwload this addon? link says it has been removed?
I'm also wondering if anyone has this around, tried finding it else where but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere. Thanks!
I have the file I'll upload if people still want it.. However doesn't look like this is working with Kodi Sad
Hmm to bad it doesnt' work with Kodi.. if its not to much trouble to upload the file anyways?

Are there any other plugins for the Insteon Hub? I havent' been able to find much. Thanks!
I think having the file may enable others to sort out what needs doing to make it work with helix.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Away from a desktop right now I'll upload it as soon as possible, I've not found anything else for Insteon which surprised me given its growing popularity! I think cinema exsperience has an automation feature not sure about compatability thought.
(2014-12-18, 08:56)macmillan Wrote: how can i donwload this addon? link says it has been removed?

The code is here on Github. Just click the "Download ZIP" button on the right and it will download a zip archive named "XBMC-INSTEON-master.zip".

The addon works perfectly with Kodi 14.0 Helix. Previous posts indicating it doesn't work with Kodi are mistaken. I have it working with a Hub 2 (2245-222 US) as well. Excellent work by Brad Arthur. Indeed, we should all raise a glass for this work. For a comprehensive installation proceedure, look here.
hey men thanks for the informations, can you share me the link I want to use this add-on but it´s broken
Have you actually read the post above yours?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
hi

does this add on have a setting where we can turn off all the light is Kodi is idle

and turn on some lights when xbmc is not idle any more

Thax

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
INSTEON Home Automation Addon1