Airplay no audio when speaker config is 5.1
OS X 10.8.5
Feb 2 Gotham nightly
Airplay source iOS 6.1.4

When Settings->System->Audio output-> Number of channels != 2.0 there is no sound from Airplay. Output device = default All else works. If change this to 2.0 there is sound.

This works fine in XBMC 12.2 when set to 5.1.

Here is what I believe to be the debug message that shows the failure.

12:44:16 T:140735095550336 ERROR: CCoreAudioMixMap::SetMixingMatrix - ouput format doesn't fit mixer size 3 > 2

More complete xbmc.log here http://pastebin.com/xxXmENvu
You don't want to set it to 5.1 most of the time. Any reason why not sticking with 2.0?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Well I use XBMC for video and audio.

When in use for video I want 5.1 as I have a 5.1 speaker setup.

When in use for audio I just want to hit a few buttons on my phone or laptop to get sound going without having to go all the way into settings to change the speaker config. Quiet often when listening to audio the TV is not even on so I can't navigate the menus to change the speaker configs.

This is a use case that had always worked fine for me in Frodo.
Turns out this problem is worse than I thought. Seems that it's unrelated to Airplay.

Videos with mp3 stereo audio streams have the same problem. Seem likely that it's all 2 channel content. Took me a while to notice as the majority of my content is 5.1.

Again, this works perfectly in Frodo with the exact same setup.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mac...1_sound.3F
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
"Since we have issues with mapping the channels from input format 5.1 to device format 5.1 atm - this may result in silence instead of audio."

So is there a bug ID or such that can be used to follow when these issues will be fixed?(kinda wish it was a bit more clear on what the issues are as they seem to be recent introductions to the code base)

This is planned to be fixed before Gotham final?
We are planning to exchange the whole audio code for gotham once again. Not sure if we will make it in time. So prepare for fixes and new issues in gotham - thats live.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay no audio when speaker config is 5.10