Artwork not caching correctly on SPMC on OUYA
Hi,
Ive recently bought an OUYA to use as a client for the bedroom as I read that it can handle Nox, and I wanted to keep the interface consistent with my HTPC. I have set up MySQL on the HTPC to share the library between the two.

Im having a problem when browsing my movies or TV series in that the artwork doesnt display correctly (ie shows poster/fanart from wrong video) when scrolling through the collection.

I saw something similar to this on my Windows HTPC before I started using MillhouseVH's texturecache.py script after updating my library, however I dont believe I can run this against the OUYA to see if forcing the cache update fixes this problem.

To try and minimize the load on the OUYA I have since done the following (from the initial configuration I did to make it the same as the HTPC)
  • Disabled TVTunes
  • Changed the info panel layout to poster only and not fanart
  • Turned off the Logos and just display the show name in text

None of this seemed to make any difference. I started to point my finger at the network speed thinking that the OUYA isnt caching at all, as even if I see a TV Show poster correctly displayed the first time, if I exit and re-enter TV Shows, the artwork sometimes isnt displayed instantly, if displayed at all. So to try and make sure the OUYA's connection was fast as possible to the HTPC I have:
  • Pulled a CAT5 cable, disabled the wireless and connected to the OUYA to the LAN via cable
  • Installed an NFS Server on the HTPC. Removed the "TV Series" SMB source on both devices. Cleaned the library. Added it again via the NFS path. Scraped from the HTPC. Added the NFS on OUYA

Still Im having the same problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

HTPC Info
Win 8.1
XBMC 12.2
Aeon Nox 4.0.9

OUYA Info
XBMC 12.4 SPMC: GIT20131130
Aeon Nox 4.0.9
Just checked this with the confluence skin (schoolboy error forgetting to do this first) and the problem is the same with that. I just tried to delete this thread so I could repost in the general forum but I dont have permission. Mods please delete when you get chance Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork not caching correctly on SPMC on OUYA0