Android How to add local medai?
I don't know if it depends on which skin I use but the tutorial I used didn't help me to add local source (nas).
I want my local movies (on NAS) to be shown in XBMC home screen in videos or movies section (don't know the different) with thumbs and fan-art.

How do I do that?

I have NAS synology DS212j
Yes you need to make an SMB or NFS share between XBMC and you SYNO
(2014-02-03, 15:13)najibni Wrote: Yes you need to make an SMB or NFS share between XBMC and you SYNO

But using SMB or NFS does not find my Syno. But using UPNP fins my Suno but nothing happens. I can browse to the NAS folder but there is no thumbs or fan-art.
(2014-02-03, 15:20)klauzer Wrote:
(2014-02-03, 15:13)najibni Wrote: Yes you need to make an SMB or NFS share between XBMC and you SYNO

But using SMB or NFS does not find my Syno. But using UPNP fins my Suno but nothing happens. I can browse to the NAS folder but there is no thumbs or fan-art.

You will probably have to manually add the network location. You should ave an option for that. Just select that option. Enter the appropriate info. Protocol=SMB name=IP address share=path to share(optional) user and password if necessary. Click ok and xbmc will attempt to connect. If it's successful you will see the source added to the list. If not you will get a popup message that there was a problem. Probably be user/ password related. I recommend you find the problem and correct before adding the source.

Once the source is available you can browse to the shared folder. Enter the type of video contained in that shared folder and select the scraper you want to use. You also should at least check the settings for the scraper now. You can change them later but you must do it from this screen. These settings are set for each source. Click add and it should get added to the list of sources. You can edit any items in the list by highlighting it and opening the contextual menu.

After you add the source return to the home menu, select movies submenu update to run an update scan if it didn't already scan your new source.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-02-03, 16:34)wgstarks Wrote: You will probably have to manually add the network location. You should ave an option for that. Just select that option. Enter the appropriate info. Protocol=SMB name=IP address share=path to share(optional) user and password if necessary.

Once the source is available you can browse to the shared folder.

I done that also. Added address, user and password. After that I saw that my Syno started to work. But I could not see any folder from my Syno in XBMC. It was empty.
You must still add the source. Home menu>Videos>Add Video to add the video source to the database and set a scraper.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I used SMB and it worked. Thanks.
It is strange that I used SMB before but there where no Synology to browse. Anyway
When scrapper scraped my movies the thumbs are not so good for some of them. They are no good quality.
It can be so that I have already all thumbs in movie folders so XBMC used them? How do I scrape for new thumbs and delete the bad one?
One more question. I added cartoons to the home screen of XBMC. But I can only see 6-7 thumbs of cartoons. But there are more. Is it only limited to 6-7 movies?
7 thumbs are displayed but you can navigate in this list because 10 movies are loaded.

Have to press UP then LEFT or RIGHT arrows on my computer. Don't know if you can do this by sliding on Android.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add local medai?0