Req Disable playback of specific formats
Purpose: Be able to specify formats the a specific XBMC player can and cant playback.

Reason: Many older systems cannot handle newer and more cpu intensive formats (hi10p). Alot of XBMC users have systems that have sync'd libraries, and cannot just split their libraries apart.

I need an addon for XBMC that will stop playback of specific formats and put out a specific message saying that playback for this video have been disabled or have a custom user message. It's like parental controls but on steroids.

I have various XBMC systems dispersed around my house in various ages. An old Athlon XP with an nvidia card, and old P4 with hyper threading and an nvidia card, and two dual core celerons.

The older P4 and Athlon XP system are way too old to play back the hi10p formats, but are still good enough to playback 1080p content (thanks to vdpau). Both systems are still very functional and still plays most content just fine. But times are changing and anime HI10p content are being added to my library. I need a way to stop format specific playback, so i don't get complaints from the in laws or kids of slow/ stuttering playback on specific videos. I want to be able to display a message saying "Unfortinately playback of this format has been disabled. Hardware upgrade is required Sad"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable playback of specific formats1