Solved "On the fly" recording problems (stutter) and ideas
@scarecrow420:

No, I have a dedicated 24/7 server with 4 sat-tv tuners running Windows 7 x64 with ServerWMC (which in the network is called SERVER and has IP-address 192.168.2.1) and was testing with my client PC which is named IAN.

The fact that anything before XBMCSetup-20140226-d5fa138-master.exe runs perfectly well on the very same client PC, tells me it has nothing to do with permissions. Or maybe the nightlies do something wrong with the permissions?!

Let's just hope it is what Krusty says, a few unstable nightlies.
I am glad that the OpenELEC builds run great, and now without the stutter/slowdown.
Perhaps your settings are wrong then, because "IAN" (a remote client) was being given a path of G: for the recorded TV share, when it sounds like it should be \\SERVER\Recorded TV or something similar?

Edit: Acctually ignore me, no idea why I thought that when clearly it IS using a UNC path with the IP address...

It does still indicate a permissions issue though. Can you browse to that UNC path in windows explorer from the client PC? You havent changed users, passwords, HOMEGROUP or file sharing settings at all? Non windows clients use SMB and the user/password provided in ServerWMC whereas windows clients rely on more implicit access (windows credential manager having saved creds, or using same user/pass on client and server, or disabling password protected sharing on the server)
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
These are the settings in the Folders tab:

And thanks ofcourse for thinking with me, but as I said before, when I install any Win32 version below XBMCSetup-20140226-d5fa138-master.exe it works!
Without changing these settings.

**EDIT**:

Just noticed your new reply. No I haven't changed anything at all. It's like:

Install XBMCSetup-20140225-0c04283-master.exe and test Live TV -> Working.

Then immediately install XBMCSetup-20140226-d5fa138-master.exe and test Live TV -> Not working and no channel logo's

Then reinstall XBMCSetup-20140225-0c04283-master.exe again and test Live TV -> Working with channel logo's.
OK yeah it definitely sounds like something with that particular nightly build then!

So what about more recent nightlies since those are from a week ago now? Or are you saying that since that 26th Jan build it consistently has this issue?
The last one I tried (XBMCSetup-20140303-8a408a4-master.exe) still has this bug.

None of the android nightlies nor the OpenELEC nightlies I tried had this bug. So it seems to be Win32 specific.
I just ran into the same bug, I've installed XBMCSetup-20140225-0c04283-master.exe now as a stop gap, watching this thread moving forward for resolution. Fingers crossed on future builds.
has anyone reported it to XBMC devs? do other things over SMB work like the Video or Music library? Just trying to see if it is a generic SMB problem on win32 builds or something more strange that only affects our addon
Scarecrow, there is a bug report for the original problem of this thread, but so far as I know nothing for this new weirdness.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I can mount a SMB share in the Videos menu and play tv recordings, etc, without error, however the same shares cannot be played through livetv or recordings in the LiveTV menu after 2/25. I have not reported this, no, just discovered it today.
I created a new bug ticket on this: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14974
Well, they just closed it and said it's a 3rd Party WMC Server issue, not an XBMC issue. Sad
Uh, kind of annoying since all we do in the "3rd party" addon is call XBMC->OpenFile() and that is returning a Win32 error code 2 (which I think is file not found) whereas in identical setup on the nightly build before that one, this call works. So it seems something changed in XBMC as of that nightly...

Code:
        _streamFile = XBMC->OpenFile(_streamFileName.c_str(), 0);    // open the video file for streaming, same handle
        if (!_streamFile)    // something went wrong
        {
            CStdString lastError;
            int errorVal = GetLastError();
            lastError.Format("Error opening stream file, Win32 error code: %d", errorVal);
            XBMC->Log(LOG_ERROR, lastError.c_str());                        // log more info on error

_socketClient.GetBool("StreamStartError|" + _streamFileName, true);    // tell server stream did not start

return false;
        }

I guess I will have a look at what changes may have been included in XBMC after the nightly build where things stopped working
I added a reply to the person who closed the ticket to help clarify what may or may not have been a misunderstanding of the bug as I had submitted it. I know when I read though bugs as a developer its easy to re-classify one to something else if certain key words are present and I'm reading over it very quickly and miss the one thing that would actually qualify it as a bug. Then again, maybe good consideration was taken and it is something withe the path handoff... hard to know without looking at the source.
Ian,

Question:

What skin are you using when you aren't getting your channel logos? I don't know what nightly version I was using but I had a similar problem last week with non-confluence skins displaying my logos on my windows XBMC gotham clients. To "fix this" I installed frodo over my gotham installs, installed my favorite PVR skins (arctic and xperience1080++) and my logos showed up. Then I reinstalled the gotham nightly and the logos worked. Obviously this isn't a proper fix, and more of a workaround but figured I'd share.

BTW, this was only happening on my clients. My "Server PC" which runs WMC, SWMC and XBMC always displayed my channel logos fine. This sounds like something finicky with permissions, but all of my media folders are shared to "everyone" with full permissions and my security settings are the same. Weird.

One other thing. Could there be some kind of incompatibility if SWMC is using UNC share names, but I've configured everything in XBMC to use SMB share names?
It's confirmed that a recent change in Gotham to do with UNC path cleaning and formatting, broke UNC paths that have backslashes (wouldnt this be most of them? Lol) from working at all as they end up with forward slashes resulting in "file not found" error.

For input path
Code:
\\SCARECROW-HTPC2\Recorded TV\TempSWMC\LiveTV_scarecrow_DVB-T_22_2014_03_04_23_54_33.ts

This is what XBMC ends up formatting it as (before PR#3447 )
Code:
\\?\UNC\SCARECROW-HTPC2\Recorded TV\TempSWMC\LiveTV_scarecrow_DVB-T_22_2014_03_04_23_54_33.ts

After PR#3447
Code:
\\?\UNC/SCARECROW-HTPC2/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_scarecrow_DVB-T_21_2014_03_04_23_52_04.ts

Note the forward slashes, they appear to cause a file not found error

XBMC guys have said UNC shouldnt used internally in XBMC and we should change ServerWMC to feed the smb:// path to all versions of XBMC, not just the non windows ones.

Unless they are further convinced that the mentioned PR shouldnt have been allowed to break what was previously working (whether UNC should have been used or not), we will change ServerWMC to use smb paths. Until that release, dont use Gotham nightlies after the 25th (as already mentioned in this and other threads)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"On the fly" recording problems (stutter) and ideas1