• 109(current)
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only)
I had previously requested an alteration to the options for the Artist Slideshow to include a show/hide function with the default panel. I thought of a superior alternative that would incorporate the only information that is important to most while listening to music: the track list. The Now Playing item already includes a list of upcoming tracks. I wondered if the option to show the track list could also be incorporated into the Artist Slideshow to show during playback.

This a mock-up of what I'm requesting:

This is similar to what is already displayed on the home screen:

(2014-04-19, 19:43)planejumper Wrote:
(2014-04-18, 10:41)Hack_kid Wrote: also in a similar fashion, when playing say a tv show. in official nox you could press info to show basic show info then press select with info still up and it will switch to a more complex video info mode that took up the whole screen and showed the plot info etc. in your current version. pressing select (OK) acts the same as if you pressed the menu button. just brings up the OSD. doesnt change video info at all.

Hi,
I love the work that you've done with this skin. I love this skin. That said, the only thing that I find lacking in this skin, is the ability to get extended show/movie info while watching the show/movie. By this I mean after pressing the "i" key, and seeing the limited info, you used to be able to press "select" or "enter" and get the full info, including the plot, etc. This was in the Frodo version of this skin, and it's in the current version of Aeon mk5.

Actually when you hit the enter/select key while the limited info is showing, you get the same result as pressing "m" on the keyboard. Now the cool part: After pressing select/enter from the info screen while the video is playing, press "back" and: "Press SELECT for alternative layout" is very quickly displayed and then immediately disappears.

EDIT: Found the above mentioned string in strings.po:
00235: msgid "Press SELECT for alternative layout"
00236: msgstr "Press SELECT for alternative layout"

I really miss this feature. Add me, along with Hack_kid, to those who would like to see this added back in.

+1, I asked about this exact same feature a day or two ago.

Also, is it possible to have some sort of season divider while using the flatten folder option for tv shows with more than one season?

As it is now, its just a long list with all the episodes and no season indicator.

1x01
1x20
2x01
2x20
etc

Would be nice to have some kind of season divider/indicator, sort of like;

SEASON 1
1x01
1x20
SEASON 2
2x01
(2014-04-20, 00:15)Intel Wrote: Also, is it possible to have some sort of season divider while using the flatten folder option for tv shows with more than one season?

As it is now, its just a long list with all the episodes and no season indicator.

1x01
1x20
2x01
2x20
etc

SEASON 1
1x01
1x20
SEASON 2
2x01

Why not just separate the shows into season folders? You then get a season poster and separate listing for episodes in each season. The flatten TV show is only meant to eliminate the extra step of choosing a season when there is only one season.
(2014-04-20, 01:13)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 00:15)Intel Wrote: Also, is it possible to have some sort of season divider while using the flatten folder option for tv shows with more than one season?

1x01
1x20
2x01
2x20
etc

SEASON 1
1x01
1x20
SEASON 2
2x01

Why not just separate the shows into season folders? You then get a season poster and separate listing for episodes in each season. The flatten TV show is only meant to eliminate the extra step of choosing a season when there is only one season.

I'm using the "flatten except for multiple seasons" or what the options says. But would like to have a flatten mode with season indicator instead, if it's possible.
(2014-04-19, 22:26)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-04-19, 20:08)Batiatus Wrote: OK I've just done a fresh install of Gotham on my main HTPC using the latest nightly, and put in the latest version of this skin. No I'm getting an error from the Next Aired add-on (which I don't really care about) but it happens every time I do pretty much anything. Plus I get playlist script failure errors and non of my smart playlists will work. Is there something obvious I am missing?

Your version of TV Next Aired might be old. There was an error a while back that caused the script to fail. The new version fixed this.

I have the latest version I can find, 6.0.7+. It still fails. When I try to add one of the smart playlists I have created it gives me a playlist script failed. then the custom menu item I am editing turns itself into the Music item for some unknown reason (started as Custom 1). Look like I have to delete the GUI settings file and start over again. This is frustrating.
https://github.com/WayneD/script.tv.show.next.aired
@warlion nice update for the plot video!
Warlion,

Thank you very much for adding back this feature. I really appreciate it.
It's not the same as how it worked in the old Frodo version of the skin, but gives me all the info that I need.

Thanks again!

(2014-04-19, 19:43)planejumper Wrote: ... after pressing the "i" key, and seeing the limited info, you used to be able to press "select" or "enter" and get the full info, including the plot, etc ...
Had to remove and re-install XBMC to get the scripts to stop failing. But now I can't set up a custom menu item for a video folder. Or at least not how I think I did it in Frodo. I want home items to open folders containing different types of videos (movie trailer, cartoons, etc) which have no metadata and can not be scraped. Am I doing this wrong now or is it a glitch with Gotham?
(2014-04-19, 21:54)neurosis13 Wrote:
(2014-04-19, 11:09)mookieman Wrote:
(2014-04-18, 21:27)neurosis13 Wrote: the imdb star for the top250 movies:
copy those files

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8829...r.zip.html

into media/common

and overwrite.

Thank you for the flags neurosis13
Problem is the path I have is C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.gotham\media, the only files in there are Square.xbt, White.xbt, Textures.xbt, videoextras_overlay.png and a folder called thumbs.
I tried creating a folder called common and put the stars in there but that doesn't work. I also tried creating in C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.gotham\extras\BigIcons\AltIcons\aeon.nox.gotham.colored and C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.gotham\extras\BigIcons\AltIcons\aeon.nox.gotham.colored\flags and that doesn't work either.
Is there another path I should use or ist he problem with the texture files in C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.gotham\media?

install the GIT from here:
https://github.com/WarLion/skin.Aeon-Nox-4.1.9

then you should have the single files instead of the xbt files.

Thanks neurosis13 that worked for me.
(2014-04-20, 08:46)Batiatus Wrote: Had to remove and re-install XBMC to get the scripts to stop failing. But now I can't set up a custom menu item for a video folder. Or at least not how I think I did it in Frodo. I want home items to open folders containing different types of videos (movie trailer, cartoons, etc) which have no metadata and can not be scraped. Am I doing this wrong now or is it a glitch with Gotham?

You have to create a smart playlist with the rule "path contains" and then point to the folder you want use in that playlist. Video playlists can then be used for custom home menu items and submenu entries.

warlion,

I don't mind the new info pop-up during full-screen video, but the presentation could be improved a bit. The plot description could use a larger font and/or more line spacing to improve readability. From 10' away on a 60" screen, it is a challenge to read a large block of text. More line spacing, in particular, would improve the situation. Also, the list of actors is cut-off and does not scroll. Personally, I could do without the actor roles and instead devote that entire space to the plot outline, which would improve the presentation even further.
Actually I don't like it, I think I will change it similar to how poster view does
(2014-04-20, 21:51)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 08:46)Batiatus Wrote: Had to remove and re-install XBMC to get the scripts to stop failing. But now I can't set up a custom menu item for a video folder. Or at least not how I think I did it in Frodo. I want home items to open folders containing different types of videos (movie trailer, cartoons, etc) which have no metadata and can not be scraped. Am I doing this wrong now or is it a glitch with Gotham?

You have to create a smart playlist with the rule "path contains" and then point to the folder you want use in that playlist. Video playlists can then be used for custom home menu items and submenu entries.

No, you select Video Folder and then select the folder you want to be opened. It works like that in Frodo, but not in Gotham. I can create a smart playlist for path contains my movie trailers folder but it doesn't open a list of all the files in that folder. It's looking for library scraped files, of which there are none. Your method is how I get a smart playlist and main menu item for my 3D movies and Concerts, but it's not how you make a random videos item. Again, is this a glitch with Gotham or the skin?
Hi guys, I might be missing something here, but I used to be able to get cdart in the showcase view for movie sets. But since moving to 4.1.9.8 they do not appear. They appear everywhere else. Do I need to turn something on.

Looking really great except that.

Edit: Found it, all OK now.
(2014-04-21, 05:02)Batiatus Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 21:51)Warner306 Wrote:

No, you select Video Folder and then select the folder you want to be opened. It works like that in Frodo, but not in Gotham. I can create a smart playlist for path contains my movie trailers folder but it doesn't open a list of all the files in that folder. It's looking for library scraped files, of which there are none. Your method is how I get a smart playlist and main menu item for my 3D movies and Concerts, but it's not how you make a random videos item. Again, is this a glitch with Gotham or the skin?

I don't know if this is ideal, but you could use the "JustUsetheFileName" scraper. It works but the title of the files can cause some anomalies with this skin. I've used it before combined with smart playlists to do what you want it to do.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Cus...eo_entries
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only)25