• 218(current)
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only)
(2014-07-13, 14:43)jeffski10 Wrote: Hi All,

I'm trying to solve a problem with fanart not showing on the main screen. All I get is errors in the log such as:

Code:
13:36:29 T:1080 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - Unsupported protocol(image) in image://smb%3a%2f%2fMEDIAHUB%2fMovies%2fMovies%20DVD%2fBack%20to%20the%20Future%20(1985)%2ffanart.jpg/
13:36:31 T:3916 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - Unsupported protocol(image) in image://smb%3a%2f%2fMEDIAHUB%2fMovies%2fMovies%20DVD%2fBatman%20Begins%20(2005)%2ffanart.jpg/

And yet if I open the movie or tv library the fanart loads as a backdrop OK. I've deleted the textures file, deleted the fanarts and downloded them again and still a similar thing happens. I'd wondered if I had somehow got artwork with a trailing / on them which made it think its a directory but checking the library all are named OK. A search across the forums show some instances of this error message but no real solution. Does anyone know what may be causing it or even whats different for the load process on the main menu v within a library?

jeffski10,

Did you ever figure this one out. I get the same errors when using Aeon Nox 4.1.9 and Aeon Nox 5. I've posted on the thread for script.grab.fanart which is used by Aeon Nox 5 to supply the random fanarts, and they've indicated the error is a XBMC error. (I'm not sure if Aeon Nox 4.1.9 uses script.grab.fanart - I think it uses skin.widgets for the random fanart display)

I only see this for Movie fanarts, and only for certain fanarts, and the fanarts display OK if I select the movie within the Movie library. (I scrap my Movie & TV Shows library using Local .nfo Scraping)

I've also noticed that fanarts that do work, continue to work correctly even when I'm not connected to the network (and SMB share) where the fanarts and movies exist. But I will still have the 'unsupported protocol(image)' errors logged for the fanarts that display blank.

Has anyone seen anything similar ?

EDIT: I think this may be texture cache related. I just did a quick check, and it looks like the fanarts that do work have an entry in the Textures database. Those that don't work - don't. Now, I'm not sure why some fanarts aren't in Textures - maybe it's the Local .NFO Scraper

EDIT2: Yes, this turned out to be cache related. I ran the Texture Cache utility over my library which cached all the missing movie fanarts and now no more Unsupported Protocol errors in the log and the random fanarts all work.
Does it work on aftv?? I have been using aeon nox plus hebrew
It works on aftv !!! But where do i put fanart??
kidhazy, to be honest I'd switched skins as I got fed up with the missing art work. I'll give it another try with the texture cache utility and see whether it works for me.
(2014-05-02, 20:32)woodside Wrote: I have managed to get rid of the extendedinfo error by deleting a certain section of "Default.py" in the extendedinfo addon directory. This section has to do with rss video links from youtube and I myself don't use any of the rss video links in my own setup. So do this at your own risk of breaking something elsewhere in the skin. I personally haven't seen anything different or have had any errors elsewhere since doing this but I would backup "Default.py" before editing it in case you have to go back to original for some reason.

I made a video of exactly what I did. You need to do this exactly as the video shows because indentation matters in python. Cheers.

Thanks a lot, worked for me! Big Grin
Hi where is the Default.py located looked everywhere and can't seem to find it Sad
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

I'm having some difficulties installing this skin. Installing from zip doesn't work for me, manually unzipping the files and moving it to addon folder seemed to work until i try to load it and then I get an "unable to load skin" error because it's "missing some files". What am I doing wrong here? I was able to use 4.1.9.8 with no problems but this newer version...I don't know..help? Confused
(2014-08-02, 18:22)kuzeth Wrote:
(2014-05-02, 20:32)woodside Wrote: I have managed to get rid of the extendedinfo error by deleting a certain section of "Default.py" in the extendedinfo addon directory. This section has to do with rss video links from youtube and I myself don't use any of the rss video links in my own setup. So do this at your own risk of breaking something elsewhere in the skin. I personally haven't seen anything different or have had any errors elsewhere since doing this but I would backup "Default.py" before editing it in case you have to go back to original for some reason.

I made a video of exactly what I did. You need to do this exactly as the video shows because indentation matters in python. Cheers.

Thanks a lot, worked for me! Big Grin

It's in the script.extendedinfo addon directory... if you are using windows it is ...
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.extendedinfo\Default.py
(2014-08-02, 18:22)kuzeth Wrote: Thanks a lot, worked for me! Big Grin

It's in the script.extendedinfo addon directory... if you are using windows it is ...

oops...replied to wrong person.

(2014-08-02, 18:41)wints Wrote: Hi where is the Default.py located looked everywhere and can't seem to find it Sad

Cheers woodside Smile
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Question for AN Gotham skin, can the solution for movie sets be applied to the music library, i.e. albums with multiple discs are displayed in the same way as a film series. I mean the box set opens and shows all the discs for the album? Is there a specific xml for the movie set solution? Can someone give me some pointers into where the current solution is and even though I don't know XML I'm willing to take some time and look into it and see if anything is possible in Gotham and this skin.

Mike.
2 things going on for me..

Is there a way to disable the Video Cover popOUT when hover over? I'd rather it just pop a little, like the Frodo Nox4. Can I do an advanced setting or something? I copied the VIEW from Frodo and dropped it into Gotham, which worked, but now I still can't figure out how to stop it in Latest and Genres, etc. Ideas?

**As the previous posters, I also can't seem to get all my background Random Movie pics to popup on my main screen since deleting the textures file. Some work, some don't. I was hoping a new scan would work but didn't. No clue.
Tried this skin but it was too choppy, installed aeon nox plus gotham hebrew and its the same skin with no changes at all and runs 100% smoother, its the same skin, does not change at all, why is faster??im using aftv
I kinda figured out the popout thing. I changed a bunch of the zoom settings, but I don't know what I'm doing. I got it looking MOSTLY right, but it moves kinda weird. ...dang.
Wink 
(2014-07-27, 20:51)schimi2k Wrote: your welcome Smile

Loved your Grey theme but couldnt resist having a little 'mess about' with it hope you dont mind, but all those 'empty' shelves were too inviting, and I was trawling my drives and found True Boxshot after all theses years lol !
Fanart.TV Mod
  • 218(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Warlion 4.1.9 (Aeon Nox-based, Gotham only)25