Freeze and crash on frodo - how to find the problem?
so I just reinstalled windows 8.1 and xmbc Frodo of issues trying to stream along with other issues I had in windows.

So now everything streams nice but I notice the program freezes and crashes a lot more. (I was using win8.0 before if that matters)
I'm not sure if it's doing it because of shady plugins, as it mostly hangs if when I am opening streams fast after another or going through menus fast. and just now it froze because I had a cd (not a dvd or bluray) in the drive which I think it was about the eject but it froze instead.

Is there anything I can do to resolve the issue? would the log show why It's crashing or what it was doing before it crashed?

or maybe be better to reinstall xmbc one more time? as annoying as setting up everything sounds, it's more annoying having to reopen xmbc couple times a night.
We will not be fixing anything in Frodo anymore. I would suggest trying out a nightly build of XBMC Gotham.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/
See troubleshooting (wiki), which has some basic tips, like trying to isolate factors like add-ons, bad settings files, etc. There's not much on the page right now, but it should give you some basics to start out with. Also, the debug log (wiki) will tell you lots of things, even if you don't really know a lot about XBMC.
yea thanks guys. for some reason it seems to be running ok now. not sure what it was but my guess it was the addon that was causing it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freeze and crash on frodo - how to find the problem?0