Linux XBMC Online TV glitches....
Question 
I am running XBMC on a Raspberry Pi module (Raspbmc).
It feeds a SONY 40" Bravia TV via HDMI at 1080p resolution.

I installed it recently and am now exploring its possibilities.
Installation data:
RaspBMC version: The latest version as of Jan 27, it updated during installation. I don't know how to find the exact version.
XBMC version: 12.1 Git: 2d31204-5a51fa8

Today I installed a video add-on named XBMC Online TV in order to get access to a number of Swedish play channels not available in the XBMC.org add-on list.
I retrieved it by downloading the zip repository 1.0.4 and installing it, then using it to install the add-on itself.

It works mostly very well but today I found two glitches that may be related to the add-on, XBMC itself or the stream provider and I don't have the knowledge to say which.

The data source is the Swedish UR-play channel.
I watched a BBC nature program by David Attenborough.
The following problems happened:

1) Subtitle texts
Since it was an English program it was translated through subtitles.
But only the top line of any multi-line subtitle showed.
I checked on my PC by loading the exact same program and could verify that on the PC I see 2 subtitle lines.
Questions:
Would this be related to the data source (UR-play) or the add-on or XBMC itself? Can't say by myself.
And could it be corrected if it is XBMC related?

2) Pausing running stream
I tried to pause the program half way through for dinner and resume when I returned.
But it would not work. The playback failed and I was returned to the main program selection dialog.
So I commanded replay of the program and was offered to resume. I chose OK.
Again it would not work, it started showing from approximately where I paused but muted and after a few seconds the image froze.
So I tried to restart from beginning (which worked), then I tried to jump ahead manually the played 26 minutes.
But I could only start a fast forward and it takes too long.
Question:
Is there some way to jump ahead without playing in fast forward?

Note:
I am using an Android App XBMC remote control (the official XBMC remote app) on my Samsung Galaxy S2.

Any advice appreciated. If I am asking in the wrong place please indicate a more suitable forum.
Bo Berglund
Sweden

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Online TV glitches....0