Win Steaming TimeWarner and DirectTV
I have been running XBMC going on 6 years now but I have been quiet in the background. Through all my reading and searching have not found a good way to accomplish what I am trying to do:

I currently have Both DirectTV and a Time Warner Cable, I have an XBMC box (currently 12.0) running in my Garage/Man Cave I have Internet run to my garage but not Coax and I would like to be able to use the Online live streaming from Either or both DirectTV and Time Warner but I have not found a good way to do this.

I cannot seem to figure out if I can use strm for either of these. Currently I am just using minimizing XBMC and launching a web browser is there a better more integrated option.

Sorry if this has been answered before I just have not figured out the right combination of search terms I guess.

Thanks All
-E
I'm not sure what you have in mind, but I mentioned about Directv on this "Netflix, Amazon, HBO GO 1080/5.1 support" thread. You can find some links to my configurations within the thread....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-01-31, 22:57)theemc Wrote: I have been running XBMC going on 6 years now but I have been quiet in the background. Through all my reading and searching have not found a good way to accomplish what I am trying to do:

I currently have Both DirectTV and a Time Warner Cable, I have an XBMC box (currently 12.0) running in my Garage/Man Cave I have Internet run to my garage but not Coax and I would like to be able to use the Online live streaming from Either or both DirectTV and Time Warner but I have not found a good way to do this.

I cannot seem to figure out if I can use strm for either of these. Currently I am just using minimizing XBMC and launching a web browser is there a better more integrated option.

Sorry if this has been answered before I just have not figured out the right combination of search terms I guess.

Thanks All
-E

Sounds like you want to stream live tv to your xbmc box, if that is the case. your options may be limited. I don't think DirectTv will be an option, unless you can find a DirectV Network Tuner, I don't think they exist.

Depending on where you are, you may be able to use a Ceton or HDHomerun box to be able to use Time Warner as a source and see live tv on your XBMC box. keep in mind that Time Warner encrypts channels and you will only be able to see un-encrypted channels.. in NYC you can only receive local channels via Time Warner. other areas are different. Windows media center will be able to use all Time Warner Channels except pay per view.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Steaming TimeWarner and DirectTV0