• 53(current)
Asus Chromebox announcement
Interesting; my comment was based on a fact sheet which might have been incorrect (it had 1920x1200); I know the old SB is limited to 1920x1200 for hdmi (a big complaint of mine; since my desktop is SB) and I thought I read that some of the newer celeron had limitation. I guess I'm trying to explain my answer becauase I hate making mistakes.

Matt DeViller was kind enough to contact me off list and was willling to test it with his system; but it turned out to be a problem with the KVM I was using. I still need to test it with a k400 (logitec wireless keyboard) but knowing it is the kvm is a big help.
-
I don't quite know how the suspend stuff works at the hardware/kernel level so can't really comment why this make sense or if a better KVM would avoid the issue (I'm using a USB only kvm and i hook the mouse/kb to the monitor and the monitor usb goes to the kvm which then goes to the pair of system).
-

(2014-08-19, 13:44)dontknowhow Wrote: For people who know wake from USB works on their chromebox; which kernel do you have installed ?
-
Well I'm back to having wake issue. Using a connected keyboard (mouse doesn't seem to do anything) works fine; but if I use a wireless keyboard (logitech K400) wake doesn't work.
-
So my next question: Does wake from suspend work for anyone using a wireless keyboard (or alternative device). Does wake from suspend work with mouse ?
(2014-08-20, 14:11)dontknowhow Wrote: -
Well I'm back to having wake issue. Using a connected keyboard (mouse doesn't seem to do anything) works fine; but if I use a wireless keyboard (logitech K400) wake doesn't work.
-
So my next question: Does wake from suspend work for anyone using a wireless keyboard (or alternative device). Does wake from suspend work with mouse ?

works fine with my Logitech K360 and M310, both connected to the same unifying receiver. troubleshoot it like any other device - make sure it's flagged as capable of wakeup. there's lots of theads on the forums here troubleshooting USB wakeup from suspend
How do i tell if it is 'flagged' as capable of wakeup ? I did search the forums but didn't find anything relevant.
MCE IR stopped resuming for me as well. I can resume via Logitech k400 still.
(2014-08-20, 19:39)jsp1 Wrote: MCE IR stopped resuming for me as well. I can resume via Logitech k400 still.

not sure why that would be, works fine here on 4.1.4
Thanks!

So you can resume from suspend with K400 ? Which linux are you using (kernel/distro) and which usb port did you use ?

What is MCE ?

(2014-08-20, 19:39)jsp1 Wrote: MCE IR stopped resuming for me as well. I can resume via Logitech k400 still.
(2014-08-20, 20:26)dontknowhow Wrote: Thanks!

So you can resume from suspend with K400 ? Which linux are you using (kernel/distro) and which usb port did you use ?

What is MCE ?

all USB ports on the ChromeBox are equal.

MCE = (Microsoft) Media Center Extender
(2014-08-20, 20:26)dontknowhow Wrote: Thanks!

What is MCE ?

Yes I can resume using the k400 no problem. I was able to resume using the mce (mine is a rosewill receiver w/ logitech harmony 1100). Now, it won't resume with the remote any longer...no idea if it was the recent update or not. I haven't really had a chance to troubleshoot.

Running Openelec 4.1.4 standalone. Just as Matt said, no difference between usb. It is same result no matter which it is plugged into.

MCE receiver for my setup:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...20202327:s

Lol, the emoticon pops up automatically as part of the link. Not my addition.
So, it seems there are some general lockups with 4.1.4 for me. Library updates and such are problematic and this is also the cause of the IR receiver not working, as it has worked properly a couple of times. I'm not sure what the problem is, it seems to also happen on my other machine which is not a chromebox, so not hardware specific.
So then OpenElec specific?
| myHTPC |
Do you know which linux kernel openelec 4.1.4 uses ? From google search it appears to be 3.16 ?
3.16.1 - https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...b3b3f9f9fa
| myHTPC |
(2014-08-21, 08:10)-DDD- Wrote: So then OpenElec specific?

Possibly, or since Openelec is using XBMC commits maybe it is XBMC specific. I don't know, haven't done much trouble shooting yet.

I rolled back to 4.1.3 on my Chromebox to try and fix my library but whatever got messed up seems to have broken it. I can't clean it to remove doubles that appeared from nowhere. It locks up on network discovery. This particular issue seems to be Chromebox specific. The general lock ups are happening on both my machines though.
(2014-08-20, 22:22)jsp1 Wrote: Yes I can resume using the k400 no problem. I was able to resume using the mce (mine is a rosewill receiver w/ logitech harmony 1100). Now, it won't resume with the remote any longer...no idea if it was the recent update or not. I haven't really had a chance to troubleshoot.

Running Openelec 4.1.4 standalone.
I'm running 4.1.4 and it will resume (exit sleep / standby) using the power button on the remote with this USB MCE IR Receiver. I have the HP Chromebox though I don't think it is relevant.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus Chromebox announcement8