• 56(current)
Asus Chromebox announcement
(2014-09-16, 07:01)Matt Devo Wrote: firmware version? OE version? wired or wireless?

How do I see the FW version on the Asus? I installed it via your script on Sep 9th.

OE is 4.1.6 Generic x86_64

Wired network used, wireless disabled. Added "Wait for network before starting XBMC", if disabled, "Update library" would hang.
I think I may have bricked mine.

I had OpenElec going...no problems. I just realized that it would be better served as a internet browser for my mom. I tried to reset it; however, I have downloaded (several times) the recovery image from Google. I insert that USB into it, and it isn't recognized. For kicks, I put the ChromiumOS stick in there, and I get the "device does not contain ChromeOS" message. I cannot seem to get back to developer mode, any type of a command prompt, just the "ChromeOS is missing" or "device does not..." Please help: I have very little hair left to pull out.
Did you read the notes on the wiki regarding the recovery image, USB media, etc? You're device isn't bricked, it just doesn't like the USB stick you are using.
(2014-09-18, 04:36)odinb Wrote:
(2014-09-16, 07:01)Matt Devo Wrote: firmware version? OE version? wired or wireless?

How do I see the FW version on the Asus? I installed it via your script on Sep 9th.

OE is 4.1.6 Generic x86_64

Wired network used, wireless disabled. Added "Wait for network before starting XBMC", if disabled, "Update library" would hang.

It would seem the OpenELEC 4.2.1 release took care of this issue!

Still, it would be good to know how to see the FW version on the Asus.
(2014-10-06, 05:39)odinb Wrote: It would seem the OpenELEC 4.2.1 release took care of this issue!

on the SeaBIOS boot screen / boot menu if USB inserted, there is a version string with a datestamp and my name. The datestamp is (or corresponds to) the firmware version.
(2014-10-06, 06:02)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-10-06, 05:39)odinb Wrote: It would seem the OpenELEC 4.2.1 release took care of this issue!

on the SeaBIOS boot screen / boot menu if USB inserted, there is a version string with a datestamp and my name. The datestamp is (or corresponds to) the firmware version.

Thanks for the info!

Will try that tonight!

Still have network issues! Network works after resume with OpenELEC 4.2.1, but samba mounts seem to not re-connect, so I still have to reboot!

Looks a lot like this old bug: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14308

Anyone else seen this?
Why are you mounting samba shares? XBMC has built in samba and doesn't need to have a OS based mount.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Maybe I need to clarify that, I mount my NAS via the menus, so I am using the built in samba.
(2014-10-07, 00:15)odinb Wrote: Maybe I need to clarify that, I mount my NAS via the menus, so I am using the built in samba.

so am I, and I have no issues when resuming from suspend
I have received a FLIRC adapter to use with my chromebox two days ago. I have upgraded the firmware on it (now 3.0) and configured each keys with the remote I intend to use for my HTPC.

FLIRC was working fine at first with my setup but I found out after some testing that it stop working if it was not used during a few hours. A easy workaround I found for this problem is to simply remove the flirc adapter from the usb3 port and put it back but it's only working until the next long period of inactivity of the adapter.

My setup: Asus Chromebox with a full installation of Ubuntu 14.04 + XBMC.

Other facts:

-I also have a RF USB adapter for a keyboard/mouse wireless controller plugged in a other USB3 port on the same box and I do not experienced this problem with this one.

-My HTPC box is running 24/7 (no suspend) and I already tried to configure a wake button on my remote without success.

So.....has someone else here has experienced the same issue with flirc and his setup? and have you found a solution to this problem?

Thank you!
(2014-10-07, 17:33)CaptainHarlock Wrote: I have received a FLIRC adapter to use with my chromebox two days ago. I have upgraded the firmware on it (now 3.0) and configured each keys with the remote I intend to use for my HTPC.

FLIRC was working fine at first with my setup but I found out after some testing that it stop working if it was not used during a few hours. A easy workaround I found for this problem is to simply remove the flirc adapter from the usb3 port and put it back but it's only working until the next long period of inactivity of the adapter.

My setup: Asus Chromebox with a full installation of Ubuntu 14.04 + XBMC.

Other facts:

-I also have a RF USB adapter for a keyboard/mouse wireless controller plugged in a other USB3 port on the same box and I do not experienced this problem with this one.

-My HTPC box is running 24/7 (no suspend) and I already tried to configure a wake button on my remote without success.

So.....has someone else here has experienced the same issue with flirc and his setup? and have you found a solution to this problem?

Thank you!

i was using the flirc on OE for a few months and never encountered this issue. obviously not the same setup since you're running full ubuntu. it might be worth throwing openelec on a usb stick and testing it out to see if you still encounter the issue.
sure sounds like the Flirc itself is going to sleep.
(2014-02-04, 18:55)ubuntuaddicted Wrote: It's an intel chip, of course XBMC will run on it. Any x86 variant of XBMC will run on it. It does look very appealing but maybe overkill at $179. I think the sweet spot for XBMC clients is around $100 IMO

Yeah, sounds good. if the price is more favorable.
Good luck powering up from S5 with this.....
I just found out that the problem I'm having with FLIRC is cause by the latest firmware (3.0). The problem could apparently happen on any platform (windows and any based linux distro).

There a dedicated thread on this issue on the flirc forum:

http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/1...s-working/

Unfortunately there no fix available at this time. I strongly suggest that you do not upgrade to firmware 3.0 if you are using FLIRC.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus Chromebox announcement8