Exception thrown during OpenDemuxStream
Hi,

I've been happily using the DVBLink PVR-addon for quite a while now, but didn't quite like the way time-shifting is implemented (ever growing buffer based on a file). So I decided to try and create my own circular buffer mechanism.

I managed to build a basic circular buffer, and after starting XBMC, I am able to select a TV-channel, play it, pause it and even navigate forward and backward.

However, when I stop playing the channel and the reopen it (or reopen any other channel), it almost always fails to start. In the xbmc.log I see the following message:

Code:
22:11:59 T:210396   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Exception thrown when opening demuxer

Digging into the code, this exception seems to stem from the ffmpeg code, which is performing the 'avformat_find_stream_info' function.

Does anyone have any idea why I would be able to start playing my TV-channels on the first try, but then after stopping and restarting the demuxer won't succesfully start anymore?

The basic difference (at this point) between my timeshiftbuffer and the original one, is the fact that I'm buffering in memory (using a chunk of memory allocated with malloc/calloc) while the original timeshiftbuffer was based on concurrently writing to and reading from a file (so basically, I've replaced the file with a chunk of memory).

Any tips, hints, remarks are appreciated!

Ard
you're probably sending corrupted/invalid data out
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
so check what you're sticking in your buffer and what you're reading from it
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exception thrown during OpenDemuxStream0