Help with what to buy
I highly recommmend the cheapest Intel NUC, which I use in five locations. It works great!

I've also tested the Raspberry Pi. It will also work just fine with HD MPEG2 video, but you'll have to purchase a codec license (only a buck or so). It can be very slow when navigating through the XBMC screens, and the screen goes all white whenever you skip forward or back while watching TV.

For my money, the $150 saved buying the Raspberry Pi is not worth the added hassle. But, it depends upon the value you assign to $150.

Both of them send video and audio over HDMI. The Raspberry Pi will also output to standard RCA for video and a standard headphone jack which you can convert to RCA for audio. It's great for older TVs.
That graphics card may not be enough for HD. Similar setup link. If you want a solid mini box, you can't go wrong with Rasp Pi. Yeah it can be a bit slow. But it is solid when playing large hd files, which is a crap shoot so far with most Android boxes. Just make sure you get a quality high transfer rate sd card, or go with usb thumb drive + sd card.

What do you want to be able to use it for, streaming, local media, PVR?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with what to buy0