Download episodes progressively as I watch through a tv series
I've been searching the forums for quite a while and I can't find a way to accomplish what I'd like.
My goal to this is to automate the episode download process, while reducing disk space usage.

I'd like to somehow progressively download episodes from a tv series as they are watched, automatically. Be it using couch potato, sick beard, utorrent, showRSS, etc.. Can anyone suggest a set up on how to do that?

Ideally it would go something as follows: Somewhere one would set up the source from where to take the episodes (ie: your favourite uploader's rss feed), and configure a window of 4 episodes. Afterwards, when one watches the first episode, episode 5 would start downloading. After ep2 is watched, ep6 will start downloading, and so on.

As a plus, watched episodes would be deleted, or maybe the last two episodes can be kept, or whatever. You get the picture, sort of keeping a window around the latest watched episode.

For now I'm using XBMC File Cleaner to remove episodes as i move ahead. But I need to start new downloads manually.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance
(2014-02-05, 02:23)donembutido Wrote: I've been searching the forums for quite a while and I can't find a way to accomplish what I'd like.
My goal to this is to automate the episode download process, while reducing disk space usage.

I'd like to somehow progressively download episodes from a tv series as they are watched, automatically. Be it using couch potato, sick beard, utorrent, showRSS, etc.. Can anyone suggest a set up on how to do that?

Ideally it would go something as follows: Somewhere one would set up the source from where to take the episodes (ie: your favourite uploader's rss feed), and configure a window of 4 episodes. Afterwards, when one watches the first episode, episode 5 would start downloading. After ep2 is watched, ep6 will start downloading, and so on.

As a plus, watched episodes would be deleted, or maybe the last two episodes can be kept, or whatever. You get the picture, sort of keeping a window around the latest watched episode.

For now I'm using XBMC File Cleaner to remove episodes as i move ahead. But I need to start new downloads manually.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance

Sounds like quite a project.

Just in case you haven't found these links... Google is easy.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63591

http://lifehacker.com/5771670/how-to-tur...o-recorder

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120406
To do what you want to do is not possible with anything currently available and trying to do that wouldn't be worth the effort to be honest.

Basically, hard drives are cheap, so just buy more space and use SickBeard + SABnzbd to automate.

When you are done with a whole season of something and don't want to keep it, delete the whole season.

The automation angle is already solved by SickBeard + SABnzbd perfectly.
(2014-02-06, 14:57)SiliconKid Wrote: To do what you want to do is not possible with anything currently available and trying to do that wouldn't be worth the effort to be honest.

Basically, hard drives are cheap, so just buy more space and use SickBeard + SABnzbd to automate.

When you are done with a whole season of something and don't want to keep it, delete the whole season.

The automation angle is already solved by SickBeard + SABnzbd perfectly.

Ok, that's what I wanted to know. Yo have a point there too, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Download episodes progressively as I watch through a tv series0