Keymap questions
I am trying to get things work with keymaps, but really difficult. Two questions:

1) How can I find out what keymap my remote is using. The \programfiles\xbmx\system\keymaps folder contains 15 different keymaps and I struggle to understand which one is used by remote? Is there an easy way to find out?

2) I am trying to make adjustments to existing keymap (not add a functionality, but change an existing behaviour). I read in the wiki that I need to create a keymap in \Users\user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps, but not clear to me what file name and whether I can just copy the original one and make modifications. If so, question again back to (1) what is the keymap that my remote is using.

Using eventghost on XBMC for Windows.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
1. Looking through the debug log may help.

2. Yes copying the system keymaps and making changes to it will work , entries in the user keymaps have preference over system keymaps. I find it easiest to only have my changes in the user keymap. User keymaps can be named anything.
Thanks for your quick reply. What I have done - I copied the keyboard.xml into the user\keymap folder. Then, I changed up to down just to see whether it does anything. Unfortunately, up is still up. Any idea what I am doing wrong. I suspect that eventghost being in the mix is making things difficult and I probably copied the wrong keymap. Let me look into the log.

** update ** browsed through xbmc.log, but no mention of the keymap.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I have limited experience via raspBMC, but there you can see what is being loaded in the way of keymaps if you turn on debugging and then reboot.

When eventghost comes in, I can only suggest you follow this thread
in case something more relevant turns up.

HTH
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap questions0