• 2(current)
OS X Mavericks - No sound after 2 or 3 days (debug log attached)
(2014-03-06, 16:59)Memphiz Wrote: Can you test this scenario with this testbuild please?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

Content (as used in above test) plays without audio and is jerky in the extreme - effectively can't test as I can't get it to play normally at all
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Please retry with http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

and post a debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Debug here

Steps:

Enable debug
Restart XBMC
Play file (Audio and video fine)
Standby TV
Wait 5-10 secs
Wake TV
** no audio and jerky video ** - wait about 20 secs
Pause playback
Navigate to Programs/upload log
Disable debug
Force quit XBMC (black screen on quit for 5+ minutes)
next round please:

(2014-03-07, 14:53)Memphiz Wrote: next round please:

Early results are very good. I cant break it with multiple Tv standby or power-off and even pulling the hdmi cable from the mac mid flight!!

I will keep trying but looks good to me .. Very Cool!
Since upgrading to OSX 10.9, I have had the same problem, described exactly as above.

It was driving me mad - nearly enough to drop XBMC altogether. Everytime I switched off the receiver, I would need to restart XBMC.

I presumed it was a keep audio alive problem, so had been following those threads, without luck.

This build has finally solved it. THANK YOU

Is there an ETA for nightly integration?
Couple of days - when i am back in town ...
This build does not solve the problem for me. I've had the same issue forever, same specs as the rest here. Mac Mini running Mavericks, latest updates.
(2014-03-08, 19:18)repstein Wrote: This build does not solve the problem for me. I've had the same issue forever, same specs as the rest here. Mac Mini running Mavericks, latest updates.

Debug log and shortest steps to replicate ? (Devs can't do anything without it) ..
Yes, I will. When I loaded it the night before, I figured it would work since there was a positive report. Then when I woke up this morning, I turned the TV on and un-paused the movie and audio wasn't working and it was playing in slow motion practically. I stopped the movie, started it again, no audio but played normally. Then I exited XBMC and loaded it again and audio worked fine.

In any case, I wasn't planning on it failing, so debug wasn't enabled.

Randy
(2014-03-09, 05:13)repstein Wrote: Yes, I will. When I loaded it the night before, I figured it would work since there was a positive report. Then when I woke up this morning, I turned the TV on and un-paused the movie and audio wasn't working and it was playing in slow motion practically. I stopped the movie, started it again, no audio but played normally. Then I exited XBMC and loaded it again and audio worked fine.

In any case, I wasn't planning on it failing, so debug wasn't enabled.

Randy

Ain't it always the way ..

Interesting news as has fixed it for at least two of us - hopefully a different issue - I do need to check a few overnights

Sorry to ask - did you use the latest test build linked in this thread ?
What is your setup/cabling etc ?
What are your audio settings ?
If you leave it playing and standby your TV, does audio fail immediately (with jerky video) as it did (pre this test build) for me?

cheers,
chris
Yes, used the latest test build in this thread. Comes up as compiled on March 7th (XBMC 14.0-ALPHA1 Git:20140307-332ae80.

This particular setup is in my master bedroom.

It's a Mac mini Mid 2010 with 8 GB of RAM.

HDMI directly from the Mac mini to the TV, which is a Samsung UN55D8000.

Audio settings are:

Audio output device: HDMI
Number of channels: 2.0
Output configuration: Best Match
Resample quality: Medium
Keep audio device alive: Always

Nothing is check marked.

Yes, if I play a video, then shut off the TV and turn the TV back on, the audio stops and the video goes to like 1 frame a second.

Randy
While we wait for the big guns ..

As you say we have identical setups - however this release perfectly fixes the issue you describe for me - I have a panasonic plasma but otherwise the same.

Given your experience still shows the issue and it is easy to replicate I suspect Memphiz will want a debug log of this easily reproduced failure ..

What about standby using TV remote (as opposed to off at the button on the TV) - does it fail in the same way?

Only settings differences I can see are:

Audio output device: Default (as recommended by Memphiz elsewhere)
Output configuration: Optimised
Keep audio device alive: 1 minute

Also check:

Audio - Enable passthough is OFF
Video - Adjust Display Refresh rate to Match Video is OFF
The keep alive setting may well be the cause.

Note that there's a couple of other changes gone into Gotham, so grabbing tonights Nightly *may* fix the remaining issue.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mavericks - No sound after 2 or 3 days (debug log attached)0