• 7(current)
Testers needed for new OSX/iOS audio code
And please test this build as next Wink

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

Sry we are hitting a spot here where there is no real documentation in the coraudio stuff from apple.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hello Memphiz,

the April 7 version is a step backward. It plays again at high-speed, however this time on channels 1 thru 8.

A log file made with this version is here:
http://pastebin.com/rugyw0hn

Do you still need a log file from the March 24 version?

Cheers, M.

edit by memphiz: replaced with a permanent pasty
Nah - i figure we won't cut it for you i guess ... sry
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Sigh – can you give me at least a pointer to the source code module(s) in question?
And can you revert to the version of March 24? That's at least a version that works for me with a workaround.

Cheers, M.
I tried it - but the responses were mixed and it doesn't seem that this change is going to be accepted for gotham.

You can follow the discussion here:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4509
fwiw... with the release candidate, I have the same problem (sped up playback) with a Metric Halo 2882 interface on FireWire. The problem did not occur in 12.3.

This, and the insane amount of crashes make it seem like OS X users are going to have to give up XBMC at some point... Sad
(2014-05-01, 20:33)dergit Wrote: fwiw... with the release candidate, I have the same problem (sped up playback) with a Metric Halo 2882 interface on FireWire. The problem did not occur in 12.3.

This, and the insane amount of crashes make it seem like OS X users are going to have to give up XBMC at some point... Sad

Thank you for really appreciating the insane amount of work that went into keeping up with insane buggy latest OSX operating system release.

This really shows the appreciation for the countless hours the devs have invested in this .
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm very sorry you interpreted my post like you did. By no means do I mean to discredit the work the good people at xbmc do. It's a unique and great piece of software that I'd very happily pay for – if it worked. Unfortunately (and I mean that sincerely, I really do find it unfortunate), in the last few months I've hardly been able to use it, despite trying virtually every nightly build and looking for fixes all over the forums and other places.

For me, xbmc crashes roughly every other time I try to play a video file and all the gotham builds play back audio at approximately 8x speed. I wish I had the slightest clue about coding and I could help but I don't and I can't – and so I am left just feeling sincerely sad that it seems like I'm going to have to give up on xbmc when I read posts like "i figure we won't cut it for you i guess ... sry". I'm not meaning to accuse or blame anyone for me not being able to use free software, like you seem to understand I did. I do not feel entitled to expect anything, I'm just sincerely sad I haven't been able to use one of my favourite programs in months and no one seems to know how to fix it.

I appreciate that the problem may not even be caused by the xbmc team but by buggy apple updates. I've had my share of problems since 10.8 but while that is true, these problems (crashes and mucked up playback) do not occur in any of the plenty other software I use.

So... sorry you took my frustrated post the way you did, please believe me I did not mean it like that. I'm just frustrated and wanted to say I'm beginning to lose hope.

//edit: If I can do anything to help, like produce debug logs or reproduce problems, please let me know what to do.
so you have been using and having issues for months and now you start to complain about it?
maybe you should have spoken up sooner providing all needed information.
nothing will ever be fixed if no one knows there a problem and the lack of any info
(only the one crashlog you provided for 12.3)
sigh... first I get flak for saying I'm having problems and now I get flak for not saying anything sooner, which isn't even true as you point out yourself. Again. I'm not "complaining" and I'm not "starting now". No one reacted to the crash log I posted so why post more? I'm sure if I had posted the same crash log every day I'd have gotten flak as well. Plus, I get the exact same crash log all the time. You want me to post them daily? Here's a fresh one just for you: http://pastebin.com/sF67WbYR

But this thread isn't about crashes, is it? Would it help if I filmed what gotham does on my computer? Is there anything else I can do to provide you with useful information? Will you be less hostile if I do?
You said you ran nightlies which are gotham 13.0 so presuming that I figured there could still be something wrong which could perhaps be fixed before final release.
This is a crash log for 12.3 which is no longer developed or will get bugfix releases or part of this thread.

Do please start a new thread, install Gotham and provide all info so this may get solved.
Alright. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=193783
@martinrichartz your pastebin pasty timed out *grrr* - can you reupload the log please?
If someone is still up here this is the next bigger change for osx audio:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

It fixes the listing of audio devices which have multiple streams/subdevices and also adds multisource devices (like airplay with multiple targets). If someone has some spare time - please check that everything is working like before - or working in the first place with this version now.
running your new version for some days now. and everything works as in 13.1 without any problems for me...
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testers needed for new OSX/iOS audio code1