Win Tuners and recording padding.
I'm not sure if this is a MCE or XBMC issue. I currently have a pre and post padding set in MCE so that I don't miss part of the show. When I have recording one show after another on the same channel I typically miss the first or last minute or so in that shows recording. So on some nights I have 4 or 5 shows recording in a row on the same channel every show but the first or last will have part of the show on another recording, very annoying. I have to find out witch show came before or after that show to watch that the whole show. It seems that instead of picking the next unused tuner and record the show with the proper padding it uses the same tuner by stopping the current recording early and starting the next recording so on and so forth.

The weird thing is that some times the first part of the shows is missing for that string of shows or its the last part. I have a string of recording like this 34 min, 28 min, 28 min ... or ... 28 min, 28 min, 34 min. So in a string of recording It is always the first part of the show or the last, it is never a mixture of both the first and last.

I have 4 tuners and know that I have a free tuner available because I don't think I am recording on more than 2 channels at a time and I only record off of CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX (I have an anntena).
its an mce problem. in order to have full pre and post padding on channels with concurrent recordings you have to set post padding to 10mins exactly (not 10 mins if possible) to force mce to use a different tuner.
Also as a side note, if you have "prestart tuners" option on, that can cause at least 1 tuner to be in use all the time (in order to speed up channel changes a bit).

But yes it sounds like you need to set the padding to forced rather than "if possible" by ticking the respective checkboxes on the "Record" tab of ServerWMC
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-02-06, 10:44)spaceboy Wrote: its an mce problem. in order to have full pre and post padding on channels with concurrent recordings you have to set post padding to 10mins exactly (not 10 mins if possible) to force mce to use a different tuner.
(2014-02-06, 12:09)scarecrow420 Wrote: Also as a side note, if you have "prestart tuners" option on, that can cause at least 1 tuner to be in use all the time (in order to speed up channel changes a bit).

But yes it sounds like you need to set the padding to forced rather than "if possible" by ticking the respective checkboxes on the "Record" tab of ServerWMC

Does it have to be 10 min or can it be a less as long as I select exactly.
I dont use it myself but I believe it can be anything, just need to set it to forced rather than "if possible". But spaceboy might have been aware of a particular quirk if he uses this. I guess just try it out on the next shows to air right now and let us know! Smile
Should I also use the ServerWMC padding instead of the WMC or XBMC padding? Also will the ServerWMC padding work for shows that are scheduled using WMC instead of XBMC because when I first set up my HTPC I did not use XBMC (the WMC PVR didn't exist yet) so most of my recording were originally scheduled with WMC?
As far as I can tell, , you can choose either XBMC, WMC or ServerWMC settings which will be used for the number of padding minutes pre and post. Then you have the checkboxes in ServerWMC to set the forced option rather than "if possible" (regardless of where it got the number of minutes from). I would think it's easier to just set it all in ServerWMC GUI but in theory you could configure the values in XBMC or WMC, tell ServeerWMC to use those values, but also tell it to force them.

Also, the time padding and forced setting, is only used by recordings scheduled by ServerWMC, if you do something natively in WMC the WMC settings will be used (including them being "if possible" padding only). Also if you already had timers setup prior to using ServerWMC, changing these settings will not affect those. These are the settings to apply for all new recordings done by ServerWMC going forward
No it has to be 10 mins or more to force the use of a second tuner

Tbh I haven't really used swmc to schedule any recordings yet as there's no mbt client that works yet. Personally I'd say use the wmc padding

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tuners and recording padding.0