Display Mode Lock
I think a nice feature for us using dual monitors, would be a Display Mode Lock.

Sometimes I turn the TV off before XBMC in error then next time I open XBMC I have to navigate and reset the Display Mode to Screen #2.

Also, in cases where I want to run an export/import, I tend to turn off the screens and let it run overnight, especially the rare time I need an import because takes so long.

I can understand having it look for an active monitor in case something happens to the primary one it's on, which is why I think what would work is if when XBMC is on the lock is active, at startup it isn't. When XBMC is launching, it can look for the preferred/set screen, and if fails to find it it will default to whatever it finds next. That way if your XBMC display dies, simply turn off/on XBMC and it will hunt for whatever is available, but if XBMC is on and you turn off your screen, it stays locked to that screen.

... hopefully I explained that in a way that makes sense. Smile

Small feature but, I think would be useful for a few of us running more than 1 screen.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
There seemed to be some confusion by the developers on another thread (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13103) about how this should work.

I would like this to work exactly like VLC works. The app has a preference which it tries to display on, if it can't it displays on the other monitor. But the next time the app is run, the original preference is still saved.

So in VLC, the app starts off in Windowed mode. I have set that preference to display on the computer (Monitor #1). Then when I want to display it on the TV, I choose Full Screen mode (Command + F) and it uses my preference which is to display Full Screen on my TV (monitor #2). If it can't find Monitor #2, then it full screens on Monitor #1.

The next time I run the app it works IDENTICAL. Starts on the computer in windowed mode. Pressing the full screen keystroke (Command + F) displays on the TV if it can (REGARDLESS of what monitor it used the last time, when the app last quit), if it can't it uses the computer.

In XBMC I find I have to manually switch to monitor 2 (my tv) manually, every time I use the app. If a program is playing, and I try to set full screen to monitor 2 there is a bonafide bug where it ends up displaying on monitor #1 again. It's busted. Frustrating. A time waste. And totally unnecessary. If you've used VLC, and you see how it works and saves your settings, XMBC suddenly just seems broken.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display Mode Lock0