Question about media scraping
Hi!

I want to build an UpNp server to use with kodi.

I wanted to use Mediatomb for a list of reason, and i was wondering how the media scraping was going to work?

I need to scrape before feeding the contents to kodi? or i can use kodi scraper?

If i need to use kodi scraper, it will save the data on the device that "scrape" or they will be saved on the server?
Since i have multiple device with kodi i would love to have the scrape process the less redundant possible.

Thanks a lot!
If you're planning to serve files to kodi via upnp kodi won't be able to scan them to the library. File views will work, obviously.
so any other ways?

I tough about using a session of kodi with Watchdog (autoscraping when any file is modified) and upnp server enabled, but i would love to have it completely headless :/
Thread moved to the OS independent section - discussions isn't for support requests
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
No worries, you just set up file sharing along side the UPnP server. They can coexist easily, if you really want to use both. See SMB (wiki) or NFS (wiki).
Yeah, my plan was to use both smb for share the drive, plus upnp for media streaming.

This way kodi can save the metadata in the remote server?
Any tutorial about how to properly set it up?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about media scraping0