Problems with EPG
Wink 
Hi. I have been successfully using serverwmc for the past 3 weeks with both MB3 and XBMC.

Earlier today (before the server update came out) I had to restart my computer. After the restart I am not getting the EPG data coming through anymore. I can still see my recordings and scheduled recordings on MB3 but the window for the grid says "SEQUENCE CONTAINS NO ELEMENTS".

I then checked it out in XBMC and there is no information anymore in the grid.

This was all using version 1118 of the server program. I then downloaded the new version update (1123) and I am getting the same issue. I can still see my recordings/schedule recordings in MB3.

Here is the log from serverwmc (after the update): http://paste2.org/M6atFy5I

I was going to provide a screenshot of the Live TV on the MB3 interface but I can't figure out how to do that here. However, in the section for Live TV in MB3 the Status line says "Unavailable (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)".

This is all very confusing as this has been working fine for the last 3 weeks and then it all started when I restarted my computer. I haven't downloaded any new programs in this time period either.

Anything else you need from me?

Thanks,

Jason
If both XBMC and MB3 are showing you have no EPG data, then head on over into native WMC itself and check things out. Perhaps that might kick things back to life. I do think the odd person has mentioned sometimes WMC/windows EPG service seems to get in a state where it isnt grabbing the EPG anymore.
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-02-07, 01:24)scarecrow420 Wrote: If both XBMC and MB3 are showing you have no EPG data, then head on over into native WMC itself and check things out. Perhaps that might kick things back to life. I do think the odd person has mentioned sometimes WMC/windows EPG service seems to get in a state where it isnt grabbing the EPG anymore.

Thanks scarecrow! That did it. I actually updated the guide from within WMC and restarted my computer again and everything is back to awesome.

It may not have been necessary to restart my computer again but opening MB3 after updating the guide didn't seem to change anything. If it happens again I may just try to restart MB3 after the update.

Anyway, thanks for your response!
Yeah if MB3 only calls for EPG data every now and then you would have needed to kick off a refresh on the MB3 again. Rebooting worked though, just like a sledge hammer Smile

Out of interest what country/TV setup do you have? Do you know if your EPG data downloaded over the internet or scraped from the OTA channels?
@jasonmcroy

Thanks for this: I see that I forgot to catch COM exceptions in the new tunerstatus call from MB3 - thanks to your post.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I am in the US. I have two tuners (Kworld usb tuners) connected to a roof top antenna for OTA channels. I am having WMC pull the guide listings. I believe that pulls the epg data from the internet. I am not sure if you can scrape the OTA channel data via WMC, or least I have never tried it that way if you can.

I used NextPVR once and tried to have the OTA channel data come directly through without using some epg downloaded guide but with that setup it never gave me very much data except for a couple of channels.

I get about 35 channels via OTA (most suck though! lol). I really mostly only watch the major networks anyway. For pay channel shows that I like (Walking Dead, Game of Thrones) I always wait for the season to be available on DVD and then rent them.

(2014-02-07, 02:03)krustyreturns Wrote: @jasonmcroy

Thanks for this: I see that I forgot to catch COM exceptions in the new tunerstatus call from MB3 - thanks to your post.

You're welcome.

Thanks for the awesome freaking program you have developed here! It's the best one I have tried so far for XBMC and the ONLY one in MB3 so far.
I dont think you can choose to get EPG from OTA, but here in Australia when you enter your location, WMC says something to the effect that there is no online EPG data source available for your region, so it will have to get it from the broadcast OTA instead. It seems to work well enough, I seem to always have EPG data available for all channels (we have probably 20-30 channels though once you remove all the home shopping ones etc there are probably 9 core commercial network channels and 6 public broadcast network channels that are occasionally worth watching). Although I do tend to notice that EPG times change to become more accurate the closer the show gets)... eg in the morning, the shows that night in the EPG might say 7pm-7:30pm, 7:30pm-8:30pm etc, but then closer to their airing time it's changed to 7:03-7:31,7:31-8:30 etc

Completely off topic but it's interesting how good a job WMC does at abstracting away all these differences between regions, EPG sources, cable card, OTA, satellite etc, supporting so many different tuners and broadcast standards etc. It's one of the best things about ServerWMC addon and XBMC, it has the solid underpinning of Microsoft WMC to rest on, while providing all the additions like server/client viewing, multi client streams, shared recordings, post processing, stacked recordings and metadata etc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with EPG0