XBMC on OpenSUSE 13.1 64bit with dual monitors
Hello folks.
i'm trying to set up XBMC in my new OpenSUSE 13.1 64bit installation on my Desktop PC, which uses an NVIDIA 660GTX as GPU, with latest proprietary drivers installed. I'm using 2 monitors, the first is my PC Monitor and the second is an LG TV via HDMI. XBMC seems to be running fine but i only have as a full screen option my PC monitor..When i check it,the TV goes offline..There's no fullscreen #2 option like ,for example,in my Windows Setup.At the moment Twinview is enabled resulting in a unified desktop at 3600x1080 pixels.
What i'd like is to be able to launch XBMC on the TV and leave it there all the time.
Am I missing anything obvious? Any tips or links to check out would be most welcome, since I can't find anything relevant on my own.
Xbmc uses SDL as windowing abstraction layer and our old version doesn't support multi monitor setups.
You can find a non mainline version that has SDL dropped and uses plain X11 which supports what you want
here: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc
Thank you for your time,Unfortunately the hard disk i had openSUSE on,died on me so i'll have to try it later than i expected...Thanks for the help anyways.. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on OpenSUSE 13.1 64bit with dual monitors0