• 3(current)
XBMC on A7 (5s and mini retina) does not use HW acceleration
(2014-02-14, 01:09)TheTroll Wrote:
(2014-02-14, 01:08)davilla Wrote: show me

Here is the VNSI error:

20:22:28 T:4448124928 DEBUG: Loading: /private/var/stash/Applications.YtQtM6/XBMC.app/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/XBMC_VDR_vnsi.pvr
20:22:28 T:4448124928 ERROR: ADDON: Dll VDR VNSI Client - Client returned bad status (6) from Create and is not usable
20:22:28 T:4448124928 INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '6' of clientName:VDR VNSI Client, clientID:pvr.vdr.vnsi (same Thread=no)
20:22:28 T:4448124928 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on VDR VNSI Client, status = 6
20:22:28 T:4448124928 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on VDR VNSI Client, disabling it

syslog might show more info.
Nope no log is triggered in syslog when the error shows up ...
Then does not sound like a arch loading error. That would certainly spew in syslog. You would have to add debug loggin in Create.
I can do that but i am not sure how to compile from linux.
Is it possible to cross compile ?
(2014-02-14, 01:50)TheTroll Wrote: HW acceleration is working great with some MKV samples I have.
Though, it fails with livetv streams.
For instance this file :

https://mega.co.nz/#!B4wkHADS!zUowAHeIdf...5uKShr8_js

triggers a VTP open failure, with no error code ...

Any idea ?

Thats definitly unrelated to ios7 or arm64. This is the case for all interlaced content with VTB as long as i can think back. It just doesn't support interlaced content (and live tv is interlaced most of the time). Also could you switch over to pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com - i am not allowed to go to mega from work Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You can't compile xbmc for ios from linux - you need a osx host.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz,

Ok it's what I feared about Interlaced content :/
I managed to compile the PVR addon using Maverick in VMWare Smile
I ll try to debug ...

Maybe we could rename this topic to something more ARM64 general ?
Linus,

I keep trying but I don't succeed compiling XBMC.
Could you please share the full procedure including the Xcode command line to compile ?

THanks

EDIT:

when i try to compile in Xcode for arm64 (replacing armv7 with arm64 and hardcoding CURRENT_ARCH to arm64), i get 69 errors like this :

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
"TiXmlElement::SetAttribute(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&)", referenced from:

Also, I had to comment 2 typedefs for the code to compile (not link)
@TheTroll You need to set the deployment target to 4.3 (or whatever you've used when building dependent libraries) in your Xcode project or just specify "IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=4.3" when running "xcodebuild". Otherwise, you will get lots of linking errors like this. This issue is mainly caused by the inconsistent C++ standard of dependent libraries and XBMC main binary. Smile
Hi,

I did that with 7.0... have you tried with 7.0 ?
Are you using the xcode interface or are you using cmd lines only?

Thanks
Here is the complete set of commands I did :

$ cd tools/depends/
$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-cpu=arm64
-> SDK for IOS 7.0 is used
$ make

$ cd ../..
$ make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc
$ make clean
$ make xcode_depends

$ xcodebuild -project XBMC.xcodeproj -target XBMC-iOS -configuration Release build ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES ARCHS=arm64 VALID_ARCHS=arm64 IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=7.0 SDKROOT=iphoneos7.0_arm64
(2014-02-15, 15:29)TheTroll Wrote: Hi,

I did that with 7.0... have you tried with 7.0 ?
Are you using the xcode interface or are you using cmd lines only?

Thanks

Please use 4.3 in your case. If you target at 7.0, clang will assume it as c++11 standard and fail to link dep-libraries to final binary.
Do you mean I should do :

./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-cpu=arm64 --with-sdk=4.3 ?

It seems to fails, maybe Xcode 5.0.2 ?

xcodebuild: error: SDK "iphoneos4.3" cannot be located.

EDIT: I am downloadint the 4.3 version right now, will try ..
(2014-02-15, 16:53)TheTroll Wrote: Do you mean I should do :

(Edited version)
Nope. Just target 4.3 for running xcodebuild, i.e. specify "IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=4.3". This is different from the *SDK Version (7.0)*. Deployment target is the lowest iOS version that generated binaries will support.
(2014-02-15, 16:54)linusyang Wrote:
(2014-02-15, 16:53)TheTroll Wrote: Do you mean I should do :

(Edited version)
Nope. Just target 4.3 for running xcodebuild, i.e. specify "IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=4.3". This is different from the *SDK Version (7.0)*. Deployment target is the lowest iOS version that generated binaries will support.

Ha, do you mean I can use --with-sdk=7.0 and then IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=4.3 ?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on A7 (5s and mini retina) does not use HW acceleration2