XBMC on A7 (5s and mini retina) does not use HW acceleration

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Platypus2 Offline
Donor
(2014-05-09 15:43)Memphiz Wrote:  Yes the burdon on battery might exist or not. But the burdon on x86_64 is a PAIN IN THE F**** ASS. We already learned that the hard way on osx 64bit. The support is just doubled because we not only need to poke for debug logs each time but also make the user try the other build aswell and report back (and in this case it is even harder because on a 64bit system the 32bit build won't do hw decode - and the other way around the build will crash or not even start).

As long as there are not more permanent ios devs in our boat (which is just not the case - we only have some short runners which already vanished in the background) it is a really tough decision.

Haha I do agree about the issues that would happen if you released a 64 bit build side by side with 32 bit.

As I said, I'm content with the unofficial 64 bit build from linusyang at the moment.

For now and in the short future I see no reason to introduce an official 64 bit build. The unofficial build hopefully isn't too hard to find for people that want it Smile

I guess in the long term, when 32 bit iDevices aren't purchasable via Apple anymore, then it might be worth changing something, but that's a long way of yet and who knows where XBMC will be then Tongue
(This post was last modified: 2014-05-09 16:20 by Platypus2.)
find quote
charliebrown Offline
hopefully the upcoming apple tv is gonna be jailbroken, and im guessing thats gonna be 64bit =)
find quote
Platypus2 Offline
Donor
(2014-05-11 18:59)charliebrown Wrote:  hopefully the upcoming apple tv is gonna be jailbroken, and im guessing thats gonna be 64bit =)

Wouldn't hold your breath given how well the atv 3 jailbreak has gone Tongue
find quote
charliebrown Offline
Not going in to jailbreak here, but the attack area on the upcoming atv is going to be significant bigger, and the chances for a jailbreak is gonna be much greater. The problem with atv3 is the lack of attack points.

Ill bet it will be jail broken within the first 3months =)
find quote
nabelo Offline
Hi linusyang,

Any news on a new version ?
Since 13.1 is final it would be great to have an updated 64bit build :-)

Best regards,

Manuel
find quote
linusyang Offline
(2014-06-08 00:52)nabelo Wrote:  Hi linusyang,

Any news on a new version ?
Since 13.1 is final it would be great to have an updated 64bit build :-)

Best regards,

Manuel

The 13.1 arm 64-bit version is now available at https://github.com/linusyang/xbmc/releases. Hope you'll like it. Smile
find quote
ilikesushi Offline
Hi linusyang,

Was just wondering if you plan to release an updated version for 13.2, and also if any progress has been made towards fixing the video corruption issues that occur for some videos. Using the software decoding is an acceptable fallback - just wish there was an faster way to toggle this (more likely a skin issue).

Thanks for your great work!
find quote
nabelo Offline
(2014-08-25 08:02)ilikesushi Wrote:  Hi linusyang,

Was just wondering if you plan to release an updated version for 13.2, and also if any progress has been made towards fixing the video corruption issues that occur for some videos. Using the software decoding is an acceptable fallback - just wish there was an faster way to toggle this (more likely a skin issue).

Thanks for your great work!

I second this :-)

A actual XBMC 13.2 64bit build would be awesome!!
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 21:33 by nabelo.)
find quote