XBMC on A7 (5s and mini retina) does not use HW acceleration

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
ilikesushi Offline
(2014-09-10 01:41)Philmatic Wrote:  I just installed the latest build and I can't tell you amazing it is to have hardware acceleration back. Is it me or is the 64-bit version just, faster? I know that defies logic but everything from loading a HD file over wireless, to seeking and the interface in general is faster. Perhaps now that the CPU is freed up, it can do more things?

I just want to echo this feedback. A tremendous job linusyang!

Whatever the changes you have made, I can perceive a tremendous improvement on many aspects of the program now, not just the HW-accelerated video playback (which now seems to work for all of the videos I have tested). The whole experience just seems a lot smoother and faster. I really hope that the XBMC (Kodi) team can leverage (and not ignore) your efforts moving forward!
find quote
linusyang Offline
(2014-09-12 13:34)ilikesushi Wrote:  
(2014-09-10 01:41)Philmatic Wrote:  I just installed the latest build and I can't tell you amazing it is to have hardware acceleration back. Is it me or is the 64-bit version just, faster? I know that defies logic but everything from loading a HD file over wireless, to seeking and the interface in general is faster. Perhaps now that the CPU is freed up, it can do more things?

I just want to echo this feedback. A tremendous job linusyang!

Whatever the changes you have made, I can perceive a tremendous improvement on many aspects of the program now, not just the HW-accelerated video playback (which now seems to work for all of the videos I have tested). The whole experience just seems a lot smoother and faster. I really hope that the XBMC (Kodi) team can leverage (and not ignore) your efforts moving forward!

Thanks for your comment. I've just uploaded a version (rev. 6) built with new OpenGL ES 3.0 engine. Hope it can achieve better performance. Smile
find quote