• 8(current)
XBMC on A7 (5s and mini retina) does not use HW acceleration
(2014-09-10, 01:41)Philmatic Wrote: I just installed the latest build and I can't tell you amazing it is to have hardware acceleration back. Is it me or is the 64-bit version just, faster? I know that defies logic but everything from loading a HD file over wireless, to seeking and the interface in general is faster. Perhaps now that the CPU is freed up, it can do more things?

I just want to echo this feedback. A tremendous job linusyang!

Whatever the changes you have made, I can perceive a tremendous improvement on many aspects of the program now, not just the HW-accelerated video playback (which now seems to work for all of the videos I have tested). The whole experience just seems a lot smoother and faster. I really hope that the XBMC (Kodi) team can leverage (and not ignore) your efforts moving forward!
(2014-09-12, 13:34)ilikesushi Wrote:
(2014-09-10, 01:41)Philmatic Wrote: I just installed the latest build and I can't tell you amazing it is to have hardware acceleration back. Is it me or is the 64-bit version just, faster? I know that defies logic but everything from loading a HD file over wireless, to seeking and the interface in general is faster. Perhaps now that the CPU is freed up, it can do more things?

I just want to echo this feedback. A tremendous job linusyang!

Whatever the changes you have made, I can perceive a tremendous improvement on many aspects of the program now, not just the HW-accelerated video playback (which now seems to work for all of the videos I have tested). The whole experience just seems a lot smoother and faster. I really hope that the XBMC (Kodi) team can leverage (and not ignore) your efforts moving forward!

Thanks for your comment. I've just uploaded a version (rev. 6) built with new OpenGL ES 3.0 engine. Hope it can achieve better performance. Smile
just fyi - since ios8 apple now delivers a 32bit decoder library for the 64bit devices which makes XBMCs VTB implementation work even when compiled with 32bit ... Smile (and vtb also works with non jailbroken devices when deployed with dev certificate ...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-10-02, 23:34)Memphiz Wrote: just fyi - since ios8 apple now delivers a 32bit decoder library for the 64bit devices which makes XBMCs VTB implementation work even when compiled with 32bit ... Smile (and vtb also works with non jailbroken devices when deployed with dev certificate ...).

So xbmc will work the same on 64 bit device (running ios 8) as 32 bit devices?

iirc didn't you say earlier in this thread that Apple would never allow 64 bit devices 32 bit VTB Tongue? Glad you were wrong Big Grin

Looking forward to the ios 8 jailbreak now.
Apple has been doing things lately that I think many of us thought they would never do in the past. I think the iPhone 6 Plus is too huge, for example. Strange days are ahead :)
@Platypus2 - i didn't think that it was a bug in ios7 that 32bit versions of the vtb libraries for 64bit devices were missing. I thought it was by intension.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-10-02, 23:34)Memphiz Wrote: just fyi - since ios8 apple now delivers a 32bit decoder library for the 64bit devices which makes XBMCs VTB implementation work even when compiled with 32bit ... Smile (and vtb also works with non jailbroken devices when deployed with dev certificate ...).

Anyone tried this? XBMC is the _ONLY_ reason for me to jailbreak my device. If I can get HW acc XBMC via dev-cert. It's worth paying for one!!
Yes i did try it ...
Hi all,

I did try the Yang release on ipad mini retina with ios 8.1 (jailbreak is just out) and the screen window seems shifted to the bottom left corner.

Yang, can you give it a shot ?

Thanks
use official nghtly instead
Memphiz,

do we have official nightly that support arm64 libs ? (which means HW decoding on arm64)
no but our nightly builds are working in 32 bit with hw acceleration on ios8 (apple added 32 bit hw decoder dylibs) - also nightly builds have ios8 fixes for broken orientation and what xou described - also ip6 support will be available once this pr is merged...

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5390
Oh ok Smile that's nice, I will try that!

Edit: excellent ! it works Smile
(2014-02-11, 17:51)linusyang Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 17:41)TheTroll Wrote: Thanks, this is terrific!

When I see missing :
- PVR plugins seem to fail loading
- dvd iso playback

Thanks for your bravery, too. Tongue

It seems that I didn't compile with PVR or DVD ISO support.
Or, it is just a bug of this port. Sad (I am not sure though.)

Anyone knows which options should I turn on manually for PVR and ISO support?
Maybe I should add those options for next experimental build. Smile
Does your current build now include DVD ISO support?
Latest nightlies have it yes
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on A7 (5s and mini retina) does not use HW acceleration2