XBMC not Starting
After over a year or more, XBMC started to malfunction yesterday, first it was the screen resolution blowing up and only showing about a 1/4 of the screen and now it just does not start and hangs on the splash screen.

I uninstalled and re-installed but cannot seemed to get past it. XBMC log
already has
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

in advancedsettings.xml. Anyone have a clue?

Linux Workstation (12.10)
xbmc 12.3
What else has changed recently? Updated graphics drivers, perchance?

And is this in a VM? If so, has anything changed on the host system?
(2014-02-07, 21:04)Prof Yaffle Wrote: What else has changed recently? Updated graphics drivers, perchance?

And is this in a VM? If so, has anything changed on the host system?

Nothing has changed. The only thing i update today was xbmc itself from 12.2. to 12.3

its is Intel NUC. PC not a vm.

thanks,

::update
on occasion, after starting the service several times, it start. but after a few click of the keys it hangs again.
Weird. When I checked that log earlier, I would swear it said GL_VENDOR = VMWare, but now it's GL_VENDOR = Intel Open Source Technology Center. I must be seeing things... where's that bottle...<blinks repeatedly>

Grab a full debug log and see what that says - you can switch on debugging from your config files (advancedsettings.xml, I think).
Try rename guisettings.xml in userdata (wiki)
(2014-02-07, 23:28)Prof Yaffle Wrote: Grab a full debug log and see what that says - you can switch on debugging from your config files (advancedsettings.xml, I think).

Log Level already set to 1
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>
ylafont read up....
(2014-02-07, 23:39)uNiversal Wrote: ylafont read up....

Doing that now, Wanted to see the outcome before responding..

renaming guisettings.xml got me a memu (that's a start), No keyboard or CEC control.

::Update
forget keyboard control - i think it was just to far away for Bluetooth to pick up.

CEC control seems to return after i restart the service. Where can i fix that?

Thanks for the asssistance Universal, I though i would have to do a complete re-install.

Universal-- What caused this? did the file become corrupt?
CEC is in XBMC settings > peripherals, by renaming guisettings.xml you have won the privilege of reconfiguring XBMC, But the good news is as you noticed, reinstall not needed.

It probably some curruption idk, or something else who knows... Big Grin

glad its fixed, I hope, if it is, mark the thread as solved, get me a + cookie and enjoy reconfiguring xbmc. Big Grin
(2014-02-08, 00:00)uNiversal Wrote: CEC is in XBMC settings > peripherals, by renaming guisettings.xml you have won the privilege of reconfiguring XBMC, But the good news is as you noticed, reinstall not needed.

It probably some curruption idk, or something else who knows... Big Grin

glad its fixed, I hope, if it is, mark the thread as solved, get me a + cookie and enjoy reconfiguring xbmc. Big Grin

Re-configuring seems so minor.... in comparison. thanks for the assistance. Cookie sent!

p.s. now i know why it is recommended to backup xbmc settings.
Glad you got it fixed.

Just to confirm that I'm not going mad, the log file you originally posted was:

Code:
13:35:25 T:140300797532032  NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = VMware, Inc.
13:35:25 T:140300797532032  NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x301)
13:35:25 T:140300797532032  NOTICE: GL_VERSION = 2.1 Mesa 9.0.3
13:35:25 T:140300797532032  NOTICE: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = 1.20

and then you replaced it with the current one:

Code:
14:01:44 T:140538423957376  NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = Intel Open Source Technology Center
14:01:44 T:140538423957376  NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ivybridge Mobile
14:01:44 T:140538423957376  NOTICE: GL_VERSION = 3.0 Mesa 9.0.3
14:01:44 T:140538423957376  NOTICE: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = 1.30

You also edited your advancedsettings.xml in between to add an extra:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

(note the <advancedsettings> tags are nested within the existing tags, so I don't believe this section would have been processed - hence no change to debugging level).

Just sayin'
The only explanation i can think of is that i did not override the log file (could be). I know that i add the loglevel after the fact.

thanks for the help, i was stumped.!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not Starting1