Stuck trying to remove unneeded list items in Pictures, Music and Videos
I've spent several hours trying to figure out what .xml should I edit to remove Music/Picture/Video Add-ons menu items for respective sections' main screens, also Add Source for Music and Pictures sections, and Files and Playlists for Videos. It seems I'm stuck. I just can't find any clue to identify those items in template (Confluence in this case but I believe all others too) xmls.

I understand that XBMC is useless without Add source/files at least but I'd put all those Items in other more hidden places rather than the main sections screen.

Thanx in advance.
Make sure you have a good text editor like Notepad++ (free)
From the language/english folder of the skin, open the strings.po file
Locate the number that corresponds to the word you are looking for (Ctrl + F).
Copy the number.

In the Notepad++ search (Ctrl+F) select the "Find in files" tab.
Paste the number and browse for the directory of your skin mod.
Search with "Find all"

It will give you every occurrence + file name + line number.
---------------------------------
Add source for file lists can be turned off
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=App...File_lists
----------------------------------

I'd also recommend leaving the Confluence in the install dir as it is.
Either duplicate it to the location of your other skins, and rename in addon.xml
Or install a skin like Hybrid (a Confluence mod) to edit or play with.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
It was the first thing I've tried before posting here. Add Source for example has ID #1026, but only #31026 can be found within skin folder, it belongs to the skin's own language file and means Misc Options. The same is for add-ons. I'm afraid both items I want to remove are hardcoded for some unknown reason. Hope I'm wrong and I could finally get rid of them in the main list.

Why not to place them to the side menu by default...
To remove "add source", read the link I gave you.
You can turn it off in file lists.

By main screen you mean the home screen or the root of the video library?
The root is generated by xbmc but you don't have to have any buttons that can take a user there.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Sorry, I didn't mention I know how to turn off Add Source.

I didn't catch your last sentence, my English is quite weak. In two words, I don't want to turn anything off, I just want to move those two always existing items from file lists to any other place I would find more suitable for them. t least because they both are not files.

I'm doubt one would search for any buttons or connectors hidden behind the tray of real CD player as there shouldn't be any buttons or connectors - just the place to put the disc in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuck trying to remove unneeded list items in Pictures, Music and Videos0