• 5(current)
XBMCee - Ultimate XBMC Controller for iPhone and iPad
Great! Is the design final or would you be open to changing the iconography to resemble that of control centre more?

What does it look like when nothing is playing?
@hsus
When nothing is playing everything gets hidden (height is zero) showing just the title bar.

the UI is more or less what we were looking for, however just like everything this is still open for changes. What do you have in mind?
(2014-08-22, 23:50)FreshLimeSoda Wrote: @hsus
When nothing is playing everything gets hidden (height is zero) showing just the title bar.

the UI is more or less what we were looking for, however just like everything this is still open for changes. What do you have in mind?

I'd like to see the controls look more native, especially the play button stands out as it's rounded.
I'd rather see it look more like the music controls in control center: http://cdn.bgr.com/2014/07/ios-8-beta-co....jpg?w=624

Or why not like the beautiful jailbreak tweak miniplayer which combines native iconography with a more playful colour scheme, for screenshots see http://teachmeios.com/miniplayer-jailbre...ak-review/

Great work btw!

Are there plans for ways to browse your library or play favourites?

For the app in general, I'm not at home right now so I can't test this notion but I seem to remember that I couldn't refresh my library or shut down my media centre (as with the official remote), the only real features missing from this fantastic app. Plans to add them? (or are they already there and I'm missing something?)

EDIT: Oh and out of curiosity, what will end users notice of the switch to Swift? (very cool to remake it either way, kudos!)
@hsus
I am hoping that end users will not notice any switch to Swift. I will take a look at your suggestions around Widget and try and do the best.
As for Favorites and stuff - With v1.2 you can execute any command on XBMC. I will post more details screenshots on that soon.

On a side note - Apple is crazily delaying v1.2 approval (they needed video demonstrating app capabilities this time around) and so we are in fact ready with 1.3 which contains some cool enhancements as below

iOS8 Enhancements
 (If the v1.3 release coincide with iOS8 release, otherwise we will push v1.4 for this)
XBMCee is optimized for iOS8 with NOW PLAYING WIDGET. 
Enjoy the beautiful iOS8 features (some great blur image options) with Now Playing in your Today's view along with playlist integration. 

SUBTITLES and AUDIO Language
More Power to You - Now you can pick a subtitle or Audio language to switch from Now playing screen.

MUSIC

Music listing now has an easy gesture option to swipe left to Play/Queue and Swipe right to download. Long swipe to Play Song.

Music Library also allows to switch between List view and Grid view.

FILE BROWSING and PHOTO LIBRARY

Much needed enhancements to file browsing module. You can now browse through the files much easily and faster. Swipe Right to Play or Download files.

DOWNLOADS

Track your download progress and preview/view each download file much easier with more sharing options. Access your downloads even when not connected to your XBMC.
v1.2 is out in the app store now.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xbmcee/id720933479?mt=8
This was already the best and most beautiful app for XBMC. The new version is just ridiculously great.

Still one major gripe: You won't charge me money for it and I can't see why.

Bug report: When trying to show plot info for movie from unavailable source the app crashes (tested on ipad mini retina iOS 7.1.2 with xbmc gotham)

EDIT: Tested it on iphone 5s iOS 8 latest beta with Helix, same result

EDIT 2: Seriously can't get over how nice the ipad interface is. I don't need a skin for my xbmc, this is how I want to interact with my media.
@hsus
Thank you for the feedback. Motivates me more Smile

I was able to replicate the bug locally. Seems to happen when you remove a source from XBMC but not update the local library. Is that what happened in your case? Did the crash go away after refreshing the library. Sorry for making end users do that but trying to see if there is way to force resolve the bug
For me it's a networked source on my home network, I'm not home right now so the source isn't available and thus movies are not removed by a refresh either
Is there any way to hide my watched movies and episodes ?
@Bkam
Not right now but we are working on this feature request and hopefully soon.
In the next release you will have an indicator showing watched movies and episodes. Also there will be a filter to hide all watched items.
I'm missing the indicator for watched episodes and movies. Also I would like to see an option when opening the app the local and remote libraries would refresh automaticlly, because I think this should go automaticlly. Or at least an option to refresh them automaticlly.

Ow and btw I think this is the best looking remote app on the App Store. With those options I just mentioned it would also be the best app. Smile
@ScarAce1989
Thank you.

Actually it auto refreshes the local library when remote library refresh completes. XBMCee connects to XBMC using web sockets and listens to remote library refresh events. Anytime remote library is refreshed it tries to do a force local refresh.

You can change how your XBMC refreshed upon launch from the settings.
hi there,

I downloaded your app yesterday and it connected to the openelec successfully, but I didn't find the option for suspend the server and power up via wake on lan, are these features planned for next version? Thanks
@MrLondon
We are working on dedicated shutdown/hibernate button but as of now you can control that functions via the action menu. You can see a bookmark like icon on the right on the now playing screen which opens a list of commands you can execute on the XBMC.
Great! (Oh and btw @FreshLimeSoda did you see my PM?)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCee - Ultimate XBMC Controller for iPhone and iPad1