• 6(current)
XBMCee - Ultimate XBMC Controller for iPhone and iPad
@hsus
Yes I did and replied to it...
Hi there had a go of your app and some thing i would love to see added in future versions.

I use the ipad version

1. could you add a (sort title) filed to your options and if the (sort title) field is not used it reverts back to (title) field for the sorting as i have many movies that use the (sort title) field to keep them in the right order and many that just use the normal (title) filed

2. could you add 2 magic packets (MAC) codes field in the connection options to be able to wake up 1 front end and a server which i use in windows 7 as xbmc commander lets you do this so when i load the app i can wake up 2 computers with magic packets (MAC) codes as i can not wake my systems with your app.

3. could you add 5 devices so that you could pcick a device to wake up and use as i have 3 front ends that i can pick and wake up depanding on which front end i want to turn on and watch eg. i somtimes wake the sitting room front end or somthings i want to watch tv in the bed room and i use that to wake up the fron t end. again xbmc commander does this

4. been able to remove some of the options in the bar at the bottem of the screen like been able to remove pictures as i dont use pictures.

5. been able to add your own commands so you can do other things again abit like xbmc commander.

i hope you can bring some of these features into your app

keep up the good work

Thanks
@meridius
Sort by "Sort Title" is definitely coming soon along with support for multiple XBMC. I know that multiple XBMC has been requested by lot but one of the biggest reason why XBMCee is quick and fast compared to other remotes it because of use of web sockets and its caching mechanism. Support for multiple XBMC messes this up a bit making things slower than normal..

The v1.3 is released in app store allowing more options but right now you can execute any command on your XBMC from the app - Looks for a bookmark like icon on the now playing screen as that opens a variety of commands to you.

Also we are struggling with use cases around
- What happens when you put the app in background and reopen it? Do we show you list of XBMC to connect to or auto connect to the default one or switch to the one where there is an active activity (playing for example) going on etc.
- For web socket to work it need to actively connect to an XBMC and so switching between XBMC's causes this to work weirdly.
And few more issues like that....

But be assured that I am actively working on that and will have it released soon.

On a side note
v1.3 release in app store today

SUBTITLES and AUDIO Language
More Power to You – Now you can choose a specific subtitle or Audio language to switch from Now playing screen.

MUSIC
Songs now has an easy gesture option to swipe left for Play/Queue and Swipe right for download. Long swipe to Play Song.
Music Library also allows to switch between List view and Grid view (Default List View)

FILE BROWSING and PHOTO LIBRARY
Much needed enhancements to file browsing module. You can now browse through the files much easily and faster. Swipe Right to Play or Download files.

DOWNLOADS
Track your download progress and preview/view each download file much easier with more sharing options. Access your downloads even when not connected to your XBMC.
What 's up with this?

Damn! Is this happening everytime on the now playing screen? We have a progress tracker on the now playing image but it looks like that is not rendering in your case.

Can you please tell me what iOS version are you using?

(2014-09-06, 19:12)ScarAce1989 Wrote: What 's up with this?

I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0.4.
Same problem on iPad 2 with iOS 7.0.4.

Hope you can fix it.
Right away on it... Test it right away and submit a hot fix along with iOS8 changes to apple this week.
Any reason you have not updated to iOS 7.1? Just curios to know
I guess I'm just lazy.

Don't forget to add a checkmark or something for movies and episodes you have seen.
That is the major thing I'm missing. Now I mosly use the official app for that. But your app is a lot more stylish and clear. Smile
@ScarAce1989
Hiding watched Movies/TV shows is coming in next release along with the fix for your issue (The fix is a toggle switch in settings to hide that indicator)

The biggest change in next release is support for mutiple XBMCs.
Okay cool. Great support. Keep up the amazing work. Seen a lot of this kind of apps. But most aren't good enough or just don't look great. Big Grin
Just for fun, I made a first draft for a new icon. I kept the iconography (albeit skipped the circle, might try to add that later, will experiment) but made the colour more lively and to make it interesting I added the ever so modern long shadow which, while keeping to the flat aesthetic, makes the icon look more tappable. The play icon is actually centered but the shadow makes it look a bit lop sided, this makes you do a double take when looking quickly as you notice the asymmetry, I like this effect (some people might hate it though).

Oh, used the great iOS icon resource from pixelresort btw

@hsus
That is fantastic... Great work. Let me see if I can put this in some context in the app.
I do like to keep a warmer color on the logo as the red seems to be too bright

Also we leverage the logo background color as the primary color on the navigation background and now playing screen

Great stuff

Just to update you all, we submitted 1.4 for app store approval.
I am sure you guys will love the multi xbmc addition. I have tried to make it as seamless as switching users on a computer.

Release notes

SUPPORT FOR MULTIPLE XBMCS
We heard you! Now you can add multiple XBMC to your XBMCee setup.

iOS8 ENHANCEMENTS
XBMCee is optimized for iOS8.

NOW PLAYING WIDGET
Enjoy the beautiful iOS8 features with Now Playing item in your Today's Notification view along with playlist integration.

NOW PLAYING SCREEN
Option to disable progress highlighting on the now playing image from the settings.

MOVIES
Watched Indicator - Now you can hide watches movies from the Filter Menu

TV SHOWS
Watched Indicator - Now you can hide watched episodes.

GENERAL
Bug fixes and house keeping.

@ScarAce1989 The fix for the issue you are facing is also part of this release Smile
(2014-09-12, 18:17)FreshLimeSoda Wrote: @hsus
That is fantastic... Great work. Let me see if I can put this in some context in the app.
I do like to keep a warmer color on the logo as the red seems to be too bright

Also we leverage the logo background color as the primary color on the navigation background and now playing screen

Great stuff

Just to update you all, we submitted 1.4 for app store approval.
I am sure you guys will love the multi xbmc addition. I have tried to make it as seamless as switching users on a computer.

Release notes

SUPPORT FOR MULTIPLE XBMCS
We heard you! Now you can add multiple XBMC to your XBMCee setup.

iOS8 ENHANCEMENTS
XBMCee is optimized for iOS8.

NOW PLAYING WIDGET
Enjoy the beautiful iOS8 features with Now Playing item in your Today's Notification view along with playlist integration.

NOW PLAYING SCREEN
Option to disable progress highlighting on the now playing image from the settings.

MOVIES
Watched Indicator - Now you can hide watches movies from the Filter Menu

TV SHOWS
Watched Indicator - Now you can hide watched episodes.

GENERAL
Bug fixes and house keeping.

@ScarAce1989 The fix for the issue you are facing is also part of this release Smile

That is really great - looking forward Smile

Maybe you can help me - i have never figured out, how to run the subtitle plugin, via a button from your app?
@rskadk
Unfortunately you cannot do this right now.
Turns out there is no simple way to execute a command on the add ons. I have tried all different things but no luck yet. Hope is all not lost yet and will soon have a solution for that.
(2014-09-12, 00:25)hsus Wrote: Just for fun, I made a first draft for a new icon. I kept the iconography (albeit skipped the circle, might try to add that later, will experiment) but made the colour more lively and to make it interesting I added the ever so modern long shadow which, while keeping to the flat aesthetic, makes the icon look more tappable. The play icon is actually centered but the shadow makes it look a bit lop sided, this makes you do a double take when looking quickly as you notice the asymmetry, I like this effect (some people might hate it though).

Oh, used the great iOS icon resource from pixelresort btw

Like the one that is been used now to be honest. Also sick of icon apps using red to many icons using red, blue and green.

Like the one now.

No disrespect intended
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCee - Ultimate XBMC Controller for iPhone and iPad1