custom video display specific to directories
hi, i would like to request a feature to make the custom video setting to be able to be set to different customs for specific directories.. the reason i request this is because i have a few different series that i watch via xbmc and i have to change custom view for each one. if i could set a custom view default setting for a specific folder it would really be a nice feature to have. thanks for taking the time to read....
-james
please specify what you mean by "custom view", and why you need this on a per-folder basis.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

video settings - view mode: custom
zoom and pixel ratio information and such...
i would like these settings to be saved as different custom defaults for specific folders because alot of the different tv shows i watch are encoded differently and each series i play with xbmc, i have to change the display settings accordingly.
what i would really like to be able to do is have each folder for each tv series have its own custom display properties so that when i play a file from that i wont have to change the display settings once i have set them up one time and use it as a folder specific default custom display.
thanks for reading once again.
-james
looks like you want custom per folder playback settings, not what we would traditionally call a 'view' which is a folder/screen display of the gui.

this is something that i think would be good to add to the previous request for a tv show episode guide.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(affini @ mar. 06 2006,03:26 Wrote:looks like you want custom per folder playback settings, not what we would traditionally call a 'view' which is a folder/screen display of the gui.
sorry i was just reading what it said on the screen of xbmc at the menu i was at... that is what it is called there... i just read it from the screen and typed out what it said on the settings screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
custom video display specific to directories0