Intermittent success only when WMC is running
yeah I assumed that (and that was my thoughts to try as well, just to prove whether the recording was stopping or the client was stopping it). But once I looked at the log and the times again I could see the client was definitely calling CloseLiveStream, then the remuxer was saying "meta data indicates stream will end soon" or whatever. So was pretty confident it was initiated by the client.

Hopefully heatpipe will be able to upload some 5 minutes samples of completed recordings, so we can run them through the remuxer and see whether these truncated/invalid streams are present in recordings as well as live streams
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
To answer your question, playback on my default audio device in windows is somehow failing. It could be a latent driver issue, and I think in the past it's behaved oddly (it's the onboard audio on an Alienware M17xR3.

I uploaded a few minutes of a scheduled recording as you've requested to GDrive. The video itself looks fine from my perspective. Let me know if you'd like anything else.

Thanks again guys.
Thanks heatpipe... the recording you uploaded has no sign of truncated streams which is nice...

can I be a pain though and ask you to get a recording sample from that same channel we had done all previous samples from (Omega Digital Cable 707) ? Since we used that channel for everything else I'd just like to be thorough/consistent when analysing the completed recordings. So far so good though, that means this problem might only exist on LiveTV which means our remuxer fix handles that case, and in the case where scheduled recordings occur and XBMC plays those natively, the problem streams hopefully aren't present. So that means it would only be instant recordings (recording the live stream) that would be unplayable in XBMC
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
deleted
scarecrow - no trouble at all. That scheduled recording was from channel 707. I can get you a live recording of the same channel from a different xbmc client if you'd like. Let me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intermittent success only when WMC is running0