thumb.jpg is chosen over poster.jpg
Hi Community,

I have noticed that in the case one has both a poster.jpg and a thumb.jpg image locally stored wihtin a Tv Show folder , when scanning the tv show to the library the ListItem.Icon refers to the thumb.jpg and not the poster.jpg. In the case that only a poster.jpg exists in the tv show folder the ListItem.Icon refers to the poster.jpg.

Here is an example of the type of images I am talking about: (1st: TV Show Thumb 2nd: Tv Show Poster

watch gallery

There is no mention of any thumb.jpg in the wiki : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...r_Frodo.3F

I am developing a skin and using the ListItem.Icon for tv show views, and Metadata fetchers like MetaBrowser automatically store thumb.jpg images when scrapping for content. So if any user has a thumb.jpg stored, they would not see their Poster beeing displayed.

Since a thumb.jpg is not mentioned in the wiki, Shouldn't xbmc actually ignore the thumb.jpg. Is This Issue known? Is this a wanted behaviour?

any clarification on this issue would be great, I need to know if I have to code my skin to ignore thumb.jpg for poster views.(in case
Thanks
short answer: ListItem.Art(poster)
long answer: 1575 (PR)

you also might want to check how confluence handles it.
it uses a $VAR[] to make sure it falls back to thumb if no poster is available.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi ronie,

thanks for the answer, both short and long.

I didnt try the ListItem.Art(poster), beacuse the wiki states the this is ment for Tv Shows, but the poster view in my skin is for both tv shows and movies, I will give it a try and see if that cause problems with the movies display.

Also thanks for the hint on the confluence solution, I will check that as well.
I corrected the wiki, Art(poster) is of course also valid for movies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
thumb.jpg is chosen over poster.jpg0