Android Can I stream music to Android phone/tablet from XBMC at home?
Lightbulb 
I'm looking to see if this is possible at all. I don't have any Android device yet so I can't test this idea out.

What I'd like to do is have a Android phone or tablet connected to my home network stream my music to that Android device. This would allow me to listen to my music anywhere in my house plugging in the android device to the stereo in different locations. Going with Android would allow me to play FLAC music and higher resolution music.

Anyone doing this?

Thanks

What exactly do you mean? I have XBMC on plenty of portable android devices that stream music from my NAS. They, of course, can be plugged into any sound system in my house with a headphone jack (although I mostly use "airplay on android" to broadcast to various airplay speakers and ouya boxes connected to sound bars throughout the house)
(2014-02-10, 17:21)Jmhthefirst Wrote: What exactly do you mean? I have XBMC on plenty of portable android devices that stream music from my NAS. They, of course, can be plugged into any sound system in my house with a headphone jack (although I mostly use "airplay on android" to broadcast to various airplay speakers and ouya boxes connected to sound bars throughout the house)

That is exactly that I'd like to do except for using Airplay.

Well then there you go. I also have a remote launcherserver to open xbmc on an android instance with an android instance
(2014-02-10, 20:21)Jmhthefirst Wrote: Well then there you go. I also have a remote launcherserver to open xbmc on an android instance with an android instance

OK so XBMC isn't available in app stores though right?

Have you looked into audio galaxy app? It seems like a better option for simply streaming music than xbmc. It's free and takes about 30 second to setup. You can stream music outside of your home as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I stream music to Android phone/tablet from XBMC at home?0