Advice on adding Music Videos / Concerts please
Mr. V - thanks again for your detailed reply and screenshots

It has definitely helped me and am sure it will help many others too.
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

For now with MQ5. I decided to add concerts same as my movies. It can use TMDB or IMDB to scrape database for bluray or dvd concert too. That need to seperate movies library to "Movies" and "Concert" by smart playlist.
I think it must better for use all artwork like common movies. Look for my sample below.

watch gallery
[/code]
devilshura
Nice disk and clearart Angel
Big Grin
Doesn't that mean that your concerts will show up under Movies then instead of under Concerts? Most of the concerts I have actually have entries on moviedb so the nfo files are proper. I just don't know how to get them to appear into Concerts. Wish there was some sort of override setting for location
Just use smart playlists to separate them.

This tutorial will put you in the right direction.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Ok thanks I'll give it a shot!
@ devilshura

Nice disk and clear art too.

I tried myself, getting the images from fanart.tv - however they do not appear once I reload using my skin

Are you getting the images to appear as you are entering the videos as 'Movies'?

My nfos are entered as <musicvideo> </musicvideo>

Thanks

litfoo
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

You can change content of your concerts folder to movies immediatly. Then you can scrap it with old .nfo. Even if it has <musicvideo> in header tag. My concerts are in musicvideo before too, and scrap from exported .nfo to movies without problem.But you will need to config Artwork Downloader to uses and get all you artwork to library.

This is my sample of files naming.

After you add newconcert or movie. Then press 'c' to access context menu and choose "Get logo..."

If you want to get it by manual.you can choose art by context menu "movies info---> get thumbs" after run Artwork Downloade.
Thanks for the above devilshura

All my music vids/concerts, which are in a seperate folder on my NAS, appear within the default 'Concerts' menu on Aeon MQ5 skin.

I fear that if I change content of these folders to 'Movies', they will all be moved from the 'Concert' menu to the 'Movies' menu.

Would this be the behaviour?

------

update - I think I could create a smartlist to look at my concert folder on my NAS - thanks again

(2014-03-15, 19:20)litfoo Wrote: update - I think I could create a smartlist to look at my concert folder on my NAS - thanks again

That's definitely the way to do it.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-03-08, 16:31)devilshura Wrote: For now with MQ5. I decided to add concerts same as my movies. It can use TMDB or IMDB to scrape database for bluray or dvd concert too. That need to seperate movies library to "Movies" and "Concert" by smart playlist.
I think it must better for use all artwork like common movies. Look for my sample below.

watch gallery
[/code]

Hi

May i know where you get the art for the Japanese artist.
I think the thing is that musicvideo and movie are very similar in how they get treated, but in particular musicvideo has "artist" and "album" and "track number" stored in the database, which movies do not, while movies have "actors" roles" "writers" and "taglines", among other things. So selecting the content type will determine which fields you will get. For musicvideo, the "artist" and "album" field can also be linked to your music library, though I don't know if that is very useful, but you can get artist and album view in the myvideonav for musicvideo. Folder structure isn't that important, if you use filename-fanart, filename-poster formats for art, otherwise you have to group files intelligently if you want to use just fanart or poster, or I guess if you use the more detailed artwork capabilities of MQ5.

If you use movies rather than musicvideo as content, another possibility is to use tags (in the video library sense of a database entry) to to break out concerts from other movies.

scott s.
(2014-03-22, 13:49)luville Wrote: Hi

May i know where you get the art for the Japanese artist.
If you can't find concert-logo in movies section on fanart.tv. You may get artist-logo from music section instead. or you can edit Image that found on web to uses as logo too.
Does anyone make an IDTag to NFO conversion application? I typed all that crap in once for iTunes in IDTags and have zero desire to do it all over again for simple lack of IDTag support for videos in XBMC. I found TinyMediaManager, but it won't read IDTags either, just scrapers which might not work as well for things like Music Videos. In fact, I only see Movies and TVShow support in it, which automatically scrape with properly named files anyway.

It'd be nice if XBMC would just support IDTags for videos. M4V has had the capability for almost a decade now and MKV suports IDTags as well (although few/no media players utilize it so on one bothers adding tagging support for them whereas M4V has Subler and MetaZ and both do a good job. It was discovered over two years ago that the IDtag reader for music also reads it in video files if you rename the video files to appear as music. It's a shame no one has adapted it as that would solve the problem and use embedded data instead of a directory full of NFO files (messy).

Really, it truly is this lack of support for proper tagging that keeps me from installing CrystalUbuntu on my AppleTV Gen1s (i.e. I keep the Apple interface around for now, at least until I get my new projector). All my foreign films and music videos won't scrape properly, but they're all tagged already. I just spent three hours renaming my Music Videos so I can at least see WTF they are in XBMC (most dumped off the DVDs, etc. as things like SHERYL-1.m4v down the line. iTunes sees what they are through tagging, but I had to manually rename them all so I could least tell which song was which. Movie scrapers get about 5% of my 600+ movie library wrong. You can manually correct them, but it has to be done for each device in each room and that is a royal PITA after awhile. The tags already know what they really are. I suppose I should add them to the movie database instead so it can correctly read them for everyone, at least.

Yeah, I know devs work for free and I'm grateful....I just wish one had similar interests since I'm not really a programmer. If something did IDtag conversion to NFO, it would at least solve the problem.

Edit: I was able to finally get the AudioDB scraper to work for music videos, although it doesn't recognize all videos and is easily thrown off by extra information (e.g. putting parenthesis at the end of the track name to indicate a certain remix or live or whatever). Sadly, the scraper provides little to no information about any of the videos (i.e. just a picture and the artist/album it supposedly goes with). Plus it then organizes by Song Name while non-recognized titles appear as "Artist - Track Name"). I'm probably better off just leaving it as a file list so it's consistent at least.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Never heard of "IDtag", but all my musicvideo (songs) are in mp4 and I use tagging software for them, then just have a script that outputs the tags into nfo file structure. The only problem is the tagging software stores in UTF-16 and XBMC only will read UTF-8 so I have to use a text encoding converter on the nfos before updating the XBMC library with them.

It does seem that if you have cover art embedded in mp4 file, XBMC will use that as the default poster, instead of capturing a fame from the video. But other than that XBMC won't read mp4 tags.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice on adding Music Videos / Concerts please0