Trailer won't play on remote drives
I'm having problems with this skin playing trailers from the context menu on network drives. I have tested it out and when I have a movie on a local drive there is no problem with the skin playing the trailer from the context menu. When I have it on the network drive it won't play at all.

The very same movie copied to a local drive will play just fine. For some reason I am able to play the trailer fine when playing from the 'show information' screen but not from the context menu. I looked at my debug log comparing the two methods and one thing I noticed was that for the trailer playing in the context menu there was a missing slash.

For Example:
ERROR: XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media: \192.168.1.111\Media Center3\Movies\Alice in Wonderland\Alice in Wonderland-trailer.flv

whereas for the trailer that plays correctly in the 'show information' screen it would show:
NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: \\192.168.1.111\Media Center3\Movies\Alice in Wonderland\Alice in Wonderland-trailer.flv

There is a missing slash in the first one. I believe there is something wrong with the way the script is handling the string but I can't figure out how to fix it. I actually ran into this exact problem a year ago with this skin. I fixed it, forgot about it, updated the skin, and now it wont' work again and for the life of me I cannot remember what I did to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.
OK I figured it out. I had to change two lines in "DialogContextMenu.xml"

<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(fullscreentrailer)">PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer],1)</onclick>
<onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(fullscreentrailer)">PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer])</onclick>

To:
<onclick condition="!Skin.HasSetting(fullscreentrailer)">PlayMedia($ESCINFO[ListItem.Trailer],1)</onclick>
<onclick condition="Skin.HasSetting(fullscreentrailer)">PlayMedia($ESCINFO[ListItem.Trailer])</onclick>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailer won't play on remote drives0