Solved Watch folder, Sets ordering, XBMC library integration
Just discovered Ember again, so glad to find that development is back in motion! Just have a couple questions/potential feature requests:

1 - Is there a downloads watch folder feature built in to Ember? If so, please point me where. I need to be able to scan a directory on a regular basis and have Ember find the files, auto-scrape them, and move them to the appropriate destination directory. This doesn't have to be a GUI option even, I would be happy passing a command-line argument to the .exe to initiate the processing.

2 - I love the Sets Manager (so much easier than doing everything by hand with other software) but I have one small feature request. I have not seen any media or metadata manager with this feature, but I would like to be able to set a custom sort order (in the .nfo's <sorttitle>). Even a simple Up/Down button on the "Movies In Set" pane would do. This would allow for proper ordering in the XBMC video library. For instance:

Code:
\Die Hard Collection\A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)\      (sorttitle is 'Die Hard Collection 5')
\Die Hard Collection\Die Hard (1988)\                    (sorttitle is 'Die Hard Collection 1')
\Die Hard Collection\Die Hard 2 (1990)\                  (sorttitle is 'Die Hard Collection 2')
\Die Hard Collection\Die Hard With a Vengeance (1995)\   (sorttitle is 'Die Hard Collection 3')
\Die Hard Collection\Live Free or Die Hard (2007)\       (sorttitle is 'Die Hard Collection 4')

This would cause them all to be sorted, in order of release date, at Die Hard Collection in the library. As of right now, it does not appear that Ember even uses the <sorttitle> tag when building an .nfo.

3 - I would LOVE to be able to update the XBMC library from the server instead of having to run a full update scan with the XBMC Library Auto Update plugin from RaspBMC on an hourly basis. I see that Ember has an XBMC Controller module but I am unable to get it linked to XBMC (I get a 404 error). Assuming I'm able to get it linked up, can this achieve what I'm looking for? I'd like to reduce (if not eliminate) the requirement of scanning from the clients, and handle all of this from the server, where the MySQL XBMC database is hosted.

Thanks! Big Grin
I can answer #2

Normally you don't need to have sort titles, when you are in XBMC sets, you can sort on year, that solves your example
But I have sets there all movies is released the same year and they must have a sort title, just open a movies edit pane in Ember and give it a name that works for you, the above example is fine, and let XBMC sort those on title
Ah, didn't even notice the "sort title" option in the movie editor, thanks for pointing that out. That eases the pain a bit. Smile

For any developers reading, it would still be nice to modify the sort order directly from the Set Manager though, if not simply because it seems like a logical option to have there.
(2014-02-11, 19:06)goplaycheckers Wrote: 1 - Is there a downloads watch folder feature built in to Ember? If so, please point me where. I need to be able to scan a directory on a regular basis and have Ember find the files, auto-scrape them, and move them to the appropriate destination directory. This doesn't have to be a GUI option even, I would be happy passing a command-line argument to the .exe to initiate the processing.

2 - Even a simple Up/Down button on the "Movies In Set" pane would do.

3 - I would LOVE to be able to update the XBMC library from the server instead of having to run a full update scan

Bugs and feature requests: Link

1 - It's already a feature request
2 - It's already in developing (i had the same idea to use sort title for that, e.g. "Die Hard Collection" -> Die Hard Collection 1 / Die Hard Collection 2 / ....)
3 - The existing module works only with Eden and older XBMC version. We try to rewrite the module after Ember database upgrade
Awesome, great news on all points. Looking forward to all of this being implemented.

Thanks!
HUGE +1

I love EMM, and this would just be stellar!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watch folder, Sets ordering, XBMC library integration0