WIP Live TV support
Just want to share with you some development progress, recently I started to look into the live TV section, some screenshots:

ImageImageImageImage

now it's possibile to view and browse the live TV channels EPG.

Also these tasks have been completed:
- Remote control long press pictures button to activate OSD PVR channels window
- Remote control long press tvshow button to activate OSD PVR channel epg window
- fixed remote control DVD's menu navigation
- ipad clean audio & video library buttons
- Added the custom URL handler "xbmcremote"
Yippie, thanks for working on this!
Just for info I've been playing with that for Yatse and first real life feedback are that the PVR EPG api can be very very very slow on some device and PVR client combination (Like 2 to 8 sec for one PVR.GetBroadcasts query leading to insane times when querying for 100+ channels ).
isn't the EPG data independent from the PVR client? perhaps those users had "do not store the EPG in the database" enabled? I didn't noticed slowness during my tests (about 300 EPG channels).
Anyway the PVR.GetBroadcasts are executed in background threads and in case of slow responses, users will have just to wait a bit more.
Once the infos are retrieved they are cached.
In case of slow responses I hope that after a "slow" first access, future access should be fastest because the cached data will be refreshed only if needed.
Was not aware of this option as I do not use PVR will see with users thanks Wink
Sweet!! Looks good.
- ipad clean audio & video library buttons
Very good!!!

Can you add FAVORITES in the menü?
@Koloss, just checked that there's a "Favourites.GetFavourites", I'll try to support it.
Looks really great!

Will there be any possibility to browse and start previous recordings?

Thank you for your great work!
this is brilliant - Can I test this? if so where do I go?
@lilxbmc, thank you! if you are able to compile from sources you can find the in development version here https://github.com/joethefox/Unofficial-...BMC-Remote . But it should not take too long until I'll send this new version to apple.
I'm completing some new stuff, watch this
First of all i have to say that it´s a amazing job. Congratulations.
Can you tell me how you are setting the audio output ? This is something that i will love to insert in my application.
Thanks man and congrats again.
Clayton
thanks you are very kind!
Setting the audio output is now possibile thanks to the new json-rpc API regarding the XBMC settings. There is a new set of call for get and set settings, e.g. if you want to set the audio output to the device value <device_value> you can do:

{"method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params":{"setting":"audiooutput.audiodevice","value":"<device_value>"}}

and for example you can retrieve the available devices list with:

{"method":"Settings.GetSettings", "params":{"filter":{"section":"system","category":"audiooutput"}}}

for a full list of the new API you can always check the output of the method JSONRPC.Introspect
this is brilliant. sorry I only have apple iphone and ipad - how do I compile it? - can't wait for the live TV bit as that will complete my media center at home. thanks for all the hard work.
@lilxbmc you need the environment to compile the remote app., xcode is the most indicated. Anyway I'm almost ready to release of the new version, read here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=193116

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV support0