• 2(current)
Release ESPN 3 Fork
I think that's an authorized network: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/affList?device=videosub

So I'm not sure what else it'd be.
(2014-03-10, 02:48)Sooperfly Wrote: I am unable to get this to work.

I keep getting Script Failed when I click on a video to watch.

Here is my Log.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=146430

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=146497

Hi, I want us to figure this out since this is in the official repo. First of all, I see that you are using a mac, I don't have a mac so if anyone reads this post and has a mac could you please write to verify that this addon is working on OSX, Thanks. Sooperfly, to start you could take a few basic diagnostic steps. Please try running this addon on different computers (Try different OS if possible, Windows, Linux, Android ...) to rule out your computer, next if possible go to someone else's house or to a public wifi hotspot and try to run this addon on a different network/ISP.

The results from those few basic things can really help to identify the source of the issue. Other than that I will be looking in to the code. To be honest , since I only modified this addon, I obviously do not know the coding and functions of this addon as well as I would an addon that I made from scratch so I will try to take some time and look deeper into the errors you received.
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
@Sooperfly,

yeah, you might wanna check to see if you can view this on your computer... I'm pretty sure Brighthouse requires you to have access to the official "WatchESPN" subscription / cable TV... which is different from having access to EPSN3 content.
sucks... big business companies.

so... i think that @m0nger31 is correct
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Yeah looking at this more, and considering other people aren't experiencing the same problem, I would say it is your ISP. Again, like in my previous post, if you have the ability to try this on another network that uses a different ISP that would be a way to verify the that this is correct.

edit: You could always try going through a proxy too, It might be difficult to find one that gives you the speed you need, but in your case it will be the only solution.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Not sure if should be posting here or in the original 100+ pg espn forum but I've been doing a bit of research into the broken parts of the app. It appears that espn (watchespn) has subscribed to "adobe pass" along with a bunch of other "tv on the internet" providers. The goal of this pass is to allow a user to be validated once and receive a time sensitive "token" that will then allow the user to access all applicable subscriptions the user is allowed to access. I've wiresharked a google chrome session with espn3 and found a similar pattern that is invoked when accessing content (i.e. what I posit should be added to the app to fix it)

Pseudospecific example for accessing espnU:
1. You query your service provider with your login credentials and receive a response
2. You query sp.auth.adobe.com and receive a response from sp.adobepass.com
3. You query bd0dc.v.fwmrm.net and receive a response from gl.v.fwmrm.net
4. You query espnuvidl3livefs.fplive.net and receive response that contains content (live stream)

I believe app did all necessary steps including step 1. That information, I surmise, must be now posted to step 2.

Don't know if this helps anyone get started but as python is not my strongest language and my time is limited I figured I'd post on here in hopes to give someone some insight. It's interesting to visit some of those links in a browser as you'll note that one of the tokens provided is a lot more time sensitive than the other. Adobe pass is used for validation of a user session, don't be confused and think its a flash specific protocol.
hi.. i have installed the new plugin but can not get it to work, the error is still there. please help.
(2014-03-20, 02:25)missjaime Wrote: hi.. i have installed the new plugin but can not get it to work, the error is still there. please help.

we don't know what "error" is.....

search how to post a debug log.
i dont know if this is correct http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=153925

the error says script fail error.plugin.video.espn3
i guess i'm not meant to watch espn3. I have deleted and started again. but i still can not get it to work.
I don't see anywhere in your error log pertaining to ESPN. Can you try again? Are you sure you're on a network that supports ESPN3?
has onyone got any useful information as to why the add on will not work. mexico vs usa is on tonight! i would like to watch
Hi,

Any chance we could get a golf channel? I'd love to be able to watch the Masters when it wasn't 4 in the morning.

Cheers
people -- do not expect any answers to your problems if you do not provide proper logs....

@armando0benja -- i watch the game with no problem. watch the Europa league games yesterday.
@monkeyboyoheah -- unfortunately, that's not part of the ESPN 3 coverage.
+1 to locomot1f's post. If you are having trouble make sure to post a log.

Also thank you locomot1f for helping provide support for this add-on. I don't always get around to responding and it is a big help having another person.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
and @m0ngr31, tooo!!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN 3 Fork2