Select NFS background
Is it possible to add the ability to change the backgrounds to an image from XBMC automounting NFS shares?

By manually mounting the NFS share, I can select an image now, but the main menu background is now blank!?

Pastebin to the debug log http://pastebin.com/MLERNihj
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
Which backgrounds have you mounted, and which are not showing?
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

I'm not sure you can mount a background? I mounted an NFS, and then selected the image I wanted to use from that mount point; some jpegs from the internet. I've attempted to change the MOVIES page.
Display Sony Bravia 32"
By which backgrounds have you mounted, I meant which are you trying to pull from a share.

And it is the movies background which is now just black?

Theoretically, I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to use an image from a remote share. From what you describe, however, it sounds like it isn't able to pull the image on question.

It is odd!

It was only the movie background I attempted to change. If it makes any difference, I'd also opted to download the extra themes, but these only show up blank too.

My only other thought, is OpenElec doing something odd, as I had also tried copying the image locally to the HTPC but it grumbled about something.

I'll do some more testing this evening.
Display Sony Bravia 32"
I run OpenElec and am able to select custom backgrounds from the local drive.

I don't think the extra pack download feature works on any platform other than windows (all though I could be wrong), so you'll have to manually download, extract and place in addon_data.

I've had issues with backgrounds on networked NFS drives too
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Still no progress. I've removed NFS from the equation by copying images to the local machine. I've also tried changing the MOVIES and IMAGES backgrounds, but still both backgrounds remain blank. The only clue I have is this:-

Code:
01:10:22 T:140562153842432 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
01:10:22 T:140562153842432   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load image from memory

Ideas?
Display Sony Bravia 32"
Right, totally my fault, the images wheren't JPEG, despite the extensions, and the fact I saved them from the internet in a normal way. But, they're odd HTML things, with the images embedded ...

Changing backgrounds is now working correctly.
Display Sony Bravia 32"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Select NFS background0