AirPlay Active Output
Hi there!

I've been missing for a while the possibility to use AirPlay to broadcast from XBMC to Apple TV. Is that possible? It wouldn't be mirroring; just broadcasting the video stream, like iOS native AirPlay feature does.

What I mean is for XBMC to be able to broadcast through AirPlay from, say, a PC to Apple TV.

The reason why I would enjoy this feature is that i own a 3rd Gen Apple TV that, as everyone knows, has not yet been jailbroken, so I can not install XBMC on it.

Anyway, that's my suggestion. Thank you all for the attention and for this amazing piece of software tha is XBMC!

Another question, very similar to the one before, is that if Chromecast compatibility is being considered. Since Chromecast is a very neat and cheaper solution than Apple TV, it would be nice to have it working with XBMC.
I'd suspect you could do it audio wise if you use a linux with pulse audio installed.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
AppleTV only eats some apple formats. This feature would need transcoding. Also it will not be added - at least if i am supposed to maintain it. (given the fact that the receiver part in XBMC already gives enough trouble to deal with).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I guess there are two options to implement this. 1) as videorenderer and audio sinks or 2) as a complete player.

I'm kindof in favor of the second approach, then we could just implement different controls for uPnP and AirPlay. It would make a nicer interaction for play using on uPnP also. Not saying that wouldn't be lots of work Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
What does this give when the atv2 will not play back an mkv?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirPlay Active Output0