External storage via camera lightning adapter > 100mA Problem
By the way, it is a bit of topic, but are you using the camera to lightning adapter with XBMC ?
On my side, I can't go past the 100mA limitation even with a usb hub :/
(2014-02-12, 11:47)TheTroll Wrote: By the way, it is a bit of topic, but are you using the camera to lightning adapter with XBMC ?

Yup, I have one. It can read and play video files on my USB disk (100mA) correctly. Smile
But I don't know if it works with the current more than 100mA. :/
(2014-02-12, 11:51)linusyang Wrote:
(2014-02-12, 11:47)TheTroll Wrote: By the way, it is a bit of topic, but are you using the camera to lightning adapter with XBMC ?

Yup, I have one. It can read and play video files on my USB disk (100mA) correctly. Smile
But I don't know if it works with the current more than 100mA. :/

Hi,

I have a Super Talent Pico USB 32GB that is like 4 or 5 years old and requires 100mA.
It began to give me read error so I bought a new identical one...
Well, only the box is identical, the inside is now using 500mA.. so IOS 7 does not like it :/
It works well with a usb hub though (unpowered).

In parallel, I have a Super Talence Pico USB of 64GB that requires 500mA as well and will not work even with the hub ..

Damn apple.
I just decided to go with sd cards rather than messing around with usb hubs Sad

Sd cards seem to be the same price for the same GB and don't have any power issues. It's a lot less convenient, but sd to USB 3 'adapters' are really cheap too, so I decided I'd rather carry that around than a usb hub, not to mention just having one thing sticking out from the ipad is better than a hub >.< - shame they decided to add a 'cable' to the lightning version though.
Ho ok nice!

Does it accept any size ? even 128GB?
Ok, I just ordered a Kingston Technology SDX10V/128GB from amazon... let's see Smile
I couldn't decide between that or the SanDisk, let me know how you get on!

I expect it will come pre-formated in exFat like I said in the PM, so make sure you re-format it before hand, hope it works for you :O

What adapter are you using by the way :S - there seems to be issues with third party 'storage' -> lightning adapters, and the official apple ones are expensive + now separated lol
I use the apple one ... I saw some user comments about a third party one (http://www.amazon.fr/KiwiBird%C2%AE-nouv...ng+sd+card) and it looks bad!

It's in French sorry Smile
(2014-02-12, 18:07)TheTroll Wrote: I use the apple one ... I saw some user comments about a third party one (http://www.amazon.fr/KiwiBird%C2%AE-nouv...ng+sd+card) and it looks bad!

It's in French sorry Smile

Yeah lots of issues with third party ones. Should be fine if you have the apple one then. Let me know how you get on when it arrives.

I did check, it looks pretty certain that it comes pre-formatted with exFAT so you will have to do a quick format first before checking it in the ipad Smile
yes I was going to fdisk/mkfs anyway Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External storage via camera lightning adapter > 100mA Problem0