Can an Addon skin make use of includes.xml files
Hi,

I'm really hoping that someone can help me with a problem I'm having.

I'm working on a script addon that has dialogs etc, and I want to make use of some common control code.

I thought that I would be able to add this to a new XML file (i.e. includes.xml or script-sonos-includes.xml) and then reference it from another windows.xml file and add in the controls.

I have tried several things, but it never seems to pull in any of the controls defines in the XML file.

I had hoped that just <include file="script-sonos-includes.xml" /> would work - but it doesn't

Is it possible to use the <include> tag when doing window.xml files for addons - and does anyone know of an example where this has been used in an addon.

Thanks in advance!

Rob
Umm, looks like I posted this in the incorrect section.

Please would a forum admin be able to move it to the development section?

I might have more luck there Big Grin

Thanks

Rob
done
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks Martijn,

Just for correctness, please could you also relocate the folowing to the dev section

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=186135

Thanks

Rob
If I'm understanding you correctly, then I've been trying to do something similar and come to the conclusion it isn't possible. The skinning engine only seems to check the skins directory for any files you try to include, not your add-ons directory.
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is any progress on this issue? The idea is to have files with controls in the skin addon directory and use it in the local addon. Currently the only solution I've seen is modify the includes.xml the file but I don't think it's the right way to distribute an addon.

Thanks in advance
No progress. Too many things to do, to few people to do it.

If someone is willing to do the work, please do so. I'm sure our devs can give some pointers
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi Martijn,

I haven't much experience in C++ development but If anyone guides me I can try. I don't know where to start. Any information is welcomed.

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can an Addon skin make use of includes.xml files0