Can't update new install playlists. Help please!
Hi. I just did a fresh install on new laptop of the XBMC program with the Aeon Nox skin. (I had already tried the Aeon MQ5 with same results so I tried this skin) I have same exact configuration on my desktop machine and it works fine, but for some reason I can't get my playlists on this new install to work at all. They refuse to update and display the movies in the various folders on my drive.

Anyway, here is what I did:
I first created files sources in the library by clicking SYSTEM>FILE MANAGER>Add Source I added three folders from my hard drive
I then created the playlists by clicking VIDEOS>PLAYLISTS>New Smart Playlist and creating a playlist for each of the folders I sourced above
I created the playlists with the same smart playlist rule parameters I have used before successfully, ie:
Type: Movies
Find items where: Path Contains E:\Folder names (E: being my hard drive

Then I go back to the main screen and click on the item to UPDATE and...nothing..very briefly I see a "Compressing Database" message appear but nothing happens..

I don't understand what I forgot to do..it works fine on my other computer..what did I forget??

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I am pulling out my hair and dont have much left..thanks!
On the main menu if you go to 'Movies' are they all listed in there? If not, they have not been scraped into the database yet(thus, can't be used in smart playlists).

If I remember correctly, script.playlists doesn't come with xbmc and is needed for smart playlists to work. Might need to download that too.
If you go to Home Menu>Movies do you see the media there? Really sounds like you're not connecting to your sources when you update. A debug log (wiki) for the update might show something.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks for your quick replies! No, when I go into the default MOVIES item on the HOME screen there is nothing there. I kind of thought it wasn't scraping, but why? I have the same exact setup on my other PC and it works fine (I think:-)
I can access and play the movies in the FILE MANAGER.
Sorry, I could not find any script.playlists to download? I know I didnt download anything special on my working PC..
Ok..figured out how to use the debug log:

debug log

Hope I did that right..thanks for your kind assist!
The script is located here

But seeing as the movies entry was blank, nothing was scraped(content source probably wasn't set). You should see this for setting content types/scanning/scraping media.
Videos, files, add sources, assign scraper and type, scrape into library, use smart playlists
Thanks, yes I did all that. I found the problem, my own ignorance. However, I must say XBMC is the most difficult and confusing program I have ever used.
The problem was, there are two ways to access "Files"..one is through the >SYSTEM>FILE MANAGER and the other is through >VIDEO>FILES. To a novice like me they look like identical ways to do the same things, however, only if you add folders/files by accessing and using >VIDEO>FILES will you be able to add a scraper during the process of adding folders/files. After doing this I was able to update and scrape the movies. Sheesh, why couldn't they call it >VIDEO>ADD CONTENT or something to distinguish it?

Hope this helps another newbie., thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't update new install playlists. Help please!0