"Auto Populate" disappeared
I am testing Gotham RC1 + Quartz on a iMac using OSX and Mac Mini using OpenElec. On both systems Ithe Auto Populate was functioning. Suddenly it disappeared (the movies in the topbar were gone).

So I checked Skin settings ->Home media shelf customizer and all I see there is Custom image & custom media shortcuts and no long auto populate.

I thought this might be caused by the action that I had only Favorites in the column but if I put Browse back they media shelf is still nog filled and cannot be activated.

How do I restore the Auto Populate function?
(2014-05-04, 11:26)antoniong Wrote: I am testing Gotham RC1 + Quartz on a iMac using OSX and Mac Mini using OpenElec. On both systems Ithe Auto Populate was functioning. Suddenly it disappeared (the movies in the topbar were gone).

So I checked Skin settings ->Home media shelf customizer and all I see there is Custom image & custom media shortcuts and no long auto populate.

I thought this might be caused by the action that I had only Favorites in the column but if I put Browse back they media shelf is still nog filled and cannot be activated.

How do I restore the Auto Populate function?

Scan some items to Video/Music library.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I did a scan but neither the top row reappeared nor the 'auto populate' in shelf customizer.
Hmm and what have you done prior to shelf disappearing ?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

If I knew that then I would have the solution.

I was in the process of making XBMC foolproof for the family and removing stuff in the GUI (using XBMC settings, no handmade changes) that they should not touch. Apparently I removed/changed a setting but I checked setting a myriad times but cannot find it.
Reset XBMC settings to defaults and troubleshoot by changing 1 setting at a time? Enabled profiles? Restricted user access to some of the sections?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

No matter what I reset/set it is not coming back. So I decided to delete the whole XBMC folder and start from scratch.

Thanks for the help, love the skin.
This is really frustrating.

I setup a brandnew XBMC (Gotham, RC). Made it to my satisfaction meaning that in the column Movies I have set such that all you see is what I have set as 'Favorites' All looked perfect, system was fetching Fan Art.

Then all suddenly there was a system crash. So I rebooted and started XBMC. Now a lot is wrong:

- I have set the system to update the library at startup. It does no update.
- the top shelf (with posters) is gone. Now I see the logo of XBMC.
- it appears that all the fan art is gone!
- when (in the column XBMC) I press "Update Library" I see for milliseconds a window "Library compressing" and no update/scan of the library.

Just now XBMC crashed again. Whay should I do to solve this?

Add. info:

I changed the column such that 'Browse' was again visible and checked "assign contents" and I saw that TheMovieDB was no longer assigned. So I assigned it, etcetera, etcetera. But when I checked again it was gone.

So next I browsed for a compile new folder, assigned it a.s.o. but the assignment to the TheMovieDB disappeared again.

SoHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?
Not a skin issue IMHO, something is wrong with xbmc. Switch to Confluence to make sure.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Auto Populate" disappeared0