• 3(current)
Best Android (TV) - Kodi Box
(2014-04-28, 15:26)kphammond9 Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 14:15)Rodbrazil Wrote: Ouya beats all of the boxes mentioned here.
It handles 1080P, 720P all with great quality and no hickups whatsoever.
XBMC is an easy install and upgrades are available every time a new improved XBMC version is released.
I've owned many many boxes and I have to say if you want performance and peace of mind as far as not having problems OUYA is the way to go.
One minor thing I will say is that the wifi could be better, so I always recomend ethernet cable connection and you will be flying.
Good luck!

The Ouya would be a nice option if it weren't for the lack of remote. Does anybody know if it'll work with a USB IR remote?

(2014-04-26, 01:53)nickr Wrote: If you want to use plex, why are you here?

roku has plex. Amazon firetv has plex and xbmc

I'm trying to figure out if xbmc is going to do what I want. Fact is, I don't know a lot about this subject, but I'm trying to learn. Which is why I'm here.

The latest ouya firmware update includes fixes for DTS and DD pass through and easier pairing of the PlayStation bluray remote if that makes a difference to you
So, I ended up ordering a couple of Raspberry Pis with flirc adapters that let you use whatever remote you already have. I'll post results here once I have them set up, if anybody is interested. They ended up being about $90 each with adapters and other paraphernalia. I read that raspbmc has tvheadend integrated directly into xbmc, so I just need to set up the backend on my PC. I hope.

I was hoping to get a single box that would serve as a pvr interface, media frontend, show live tv, and include easy access to a few apps like hbo go, watch espn, and amazon instant video. But nothing out there seems to offer all of those without some extensive noodling somewhere along the line, whether it's reformatting/transcoding video streams in a separate program, using potentially flaky community developed apps, etc (specifically Roku and Amazon Fire TV). This seems like the best (affordable) approach for me. But the Ouya would probably work too, provided you can easily install a PVR frontend. I may try that if the Raspberry Pis don't work out.
I am happy with my ouya!

Have about a dozen in use with friends and family!
New here and I was reading the whole thread before ordering anything. But the hint came from a friend of mine to try this out, he had used it for a couple of months. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IXQTFDQ

I have to admit, it never let me down. It just works. XBMC is pre-loaded and streams at 1080p. There are some very useful apps pre-installed as well. It is rooted.
We use Skype and tango a lot to communicate with europe, this is a great solution as well. Never had issues with any wifi or movie stuttering during playback.
It has airplay and we love the miracast function.

I've tried an MX2 previously at my friends house and it is not bad either. Did not go in detail with the MX2, so not sure if it has all the connectivity.

The only downside of all boxes are the remotes. All the basic functions are available but it is just slow to navigate with the mouse pointer through the keyboard. So everybody ends up buying a 2.4ghz or Bluetooth mini keyboard. On the other hand that's why the price ranges around $99.

New unknown item buying tipp:
I'd personally always would order through Amazon than ebay.... returns!
I came here to see the latest I also have an Ouya , as for remotes, you can use any android device as a remote on xbmc, or a Bluetooth kybrd and mouse etc etc etc. I have just installed KitKat cyanogen 11 and the latest xbmc nightly, watching full HD acestreams as I type , the Ouya is still a good reliable option with good forum support, enjoy D
I've been running the Minix Neo X7 with an A2 AirMouse for some time. The Android functions are flawless and super fast with very nice downloads for visual effects and an endless source of Apps from GooglePlay. XBMC 12.4 Minix Edition runs flawlessly as well. The only real issue i have is that Navi-X gets stuck trying to load the Media-Portal page. It will not load. Of course with iLive and many other live sources, its not a big deal although i would like for everything to run thats supposed to. Does anyone have any knowledge on this subject? I'm new to the forums but have been able to jailbreak and set-up XBMC on pretty much every device i have including my ATV and Ipads. I have the same issue on my Ipad3 when using the Touched skin. Any help would be appreciated and i am always willing to share any info i have found.
(2014-06-13, 02:28)nymitchellz Wrote: edit: quoted post removed - user was banned for spamming

Wow,

$150 for a $60 MX Dual Core Box. I guess this would be the future if it was still 2012.. Lol

If you are willing to pay an extra $90 so someone can search for a stream for you because you are too lazy to do it yourself then I guess sky stream is the box for you Smile
(2014-06-13, 03:48)Packetcrypt Wrote:
(2014-06-13, 02:28)nymitchellz Wrote: edit: quoted post removed. user was banned for spamming
$150 for a $60 MX Dual Core Box. I guess this would be the future if it was still 2012.. Lol

If you are willing to pay an extra $90 so someone can search for a stream for you because you are too lazy to do it yourself then I guess sky stream is the box for you Smile

Yep, and all 3 of his posts to date are shilling for the same box with the same lame story
Yaaah call out the spammer time!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-13, 06:18)nymitchellz Wrote: edit: quoted post removed. user was banned for spamming.

It's one thing to like a box or want to tell us about it. It's another thing to tell us bullshit stories about getting your magic box from the flea market, or to tell us that firmware is worth an extra $100.

go away, wanker.
Funny part is you shleps above have no idea what your talking about... I bought a "$60" android tv box from china and programmed it myself... What a freaking bullshit process that was (obviously cause I was listening to you tards) then the freaking wifi goes out. Trying to search for a fix was ridiculous and almost bricking the box was even better. Last time I listen to you dopes and try this crap myself. I'm going to buy one pre-programmed so when shit goes wrong, I have a refund or a programmer to talk to, not you idiots. Thanks.
Yeah this is like rocket science. There's not a million YouTube videos out there to describe anything and everything you need or want to know about setting up Android APKs or Minix Editions specifically designed for none other than Minix. If you are having problems then you're just not willing to put the effort into what is a simple process once you get over the basic humps. Android boxes are the best solution out there if you're looking for a full scale media streamer, gamer, browser etc etc. if you want to pay someone $200 to set up a box, then you're just stupid. You still need to learn how I maintain and update them.
Guys, next time just report the spammer please. Saves me the work of modifying everyone who quoted his spam Smile
Hello gents

Happy to recommend the M8 S802 Amlogic quad CPU octo GPU as a sub $100 dollar (65 GBP) XBMC box that is currently flooding the market, mine came with Frodo but it runs Gotham and full HD codecs silky smooth with no micro judder. No need to root it or use a custom rom either just disable a couple of hardware accelerators ( amcodec & mediacodec) .
I've been very impressed with the Minix X8H that i bought last week. Its very quick for navigation and the Minix edition of Xbmc runs very well. I've upgraded from an RPi and so far im very pleased with my purchase.

Not had any issues playing back any video formats no matter what I have thrown at it and all the live streams from various add-ons work brilliantly also.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Android (TV) - Kodi Box0