• 5(current)
Best Android (TV) - Kodi Box
If youy're talking about this ebay item: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171336252863
then yes, seems it's the same (certainly the same case and title description).

EDIT: Title says Quad Core, 2GB ram. Picture says Dual Core, 1GB ram .. typical cheap crap.

p.s. Good luck if you go with ebay Smile ... I actually buy a lot of stuff from ebay, but never stuff that I might have or want to return. With Amazon you have complete peace of mind as long as you buy items sold by or fullfilled by Amazon. They will collect it form my door free of charge, hassle free.
still not sure which box to buy dont want to spend too much but want a good xbmc experience without the hassle.
(2014-07-10, 22:15)yaqh Wrote: still not sure which box to buy dont want to spend too much but want a good xbmc experience without the hassle.
Then avoid random android boxes and go x86
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-11, 00:06)nickr Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 22:15)yaqh Wrote: still not sure which box to buy dont want to spend too much but want a good xbmc experience without the hassle.
Then avoid random android boxes and go x86

which one would you recommend, whats the cheapest safest option.
Many people here swear by the Intel NUC computers. The 2820 seems pretty popular.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-11, 09:44)nickr Wrote: Many people here swear by the Intel NUC computers. The 2820 seems pretty popular.

whats is the basic setting to get me running, I know you have buy all the hardware with it.
(2014-07-11, 09:51)yaqh Wrote:
(2014-07-11, 09:44)nickr Wrote: Many people here swear by the Intel NUC computers. The 2820 seems pretty popular.

whats is the basic setting to get me running, I know you have buy all the hardware with it.

For the "N2820" NUC:

2 or 4 GB of RAM, a USB drive with at least 16 GB of memory, and a remote such as the "xbox 360 black slim media remote".
(2014-07-11, 09:57)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-07-11, 09:51)yaqh Wrote:

For the "N2820" NUC:

2 or 4 GB of RAM, a USB drive with at least 16 GB of memory, and a remote such as the "xbox 360 black slim media remote".

Thanks, would 2gb ram be enough and where is best place to buy from. I am in the Uk.
2 GB is enough (I have 2GB running in a slightly faster Celeron-based HTPC from foxconnfor XBMC, and it does just fine). However, you will often find that you can get 4GB for almost the same price as 2GB, so sometimes it makes more sense to just get the 4GB, especially as there's only one RAM slot in the 2820 NUC.

As far as where to buy, I have no idea. I'm in the US, but I just went with some shady looking listing off of ebay, but it works so far :)
(2014-07-11, 10:08)Ned Scott Wrote: 2 GB is enough (I have 2GB running in a slightly faster Celeron-based HTPC from foxconnfor XBMC, and it does just fine). However, you will often find that you can get 4GB for almost the same price as 2GB, so sometimes it makes more sense to just get the 4GB, especially as there's only one RAM slot in the 2820 NUC.

As far as where to buy, I have no idea. I'm in the US, but I just went with some shady looking listing off of ebay, but it works so far Smile

Thanks I will have a look, I might wait until October and get for my birthday.
I have bought a Zoomtak T8, this is a fast and neat peace of hardware and also on this forum on "XBMC hardware" and its working fine but you still have to fine-tune the software.
(2014-07-13, 16:30)ASDned Wrote: I have bought a Zoomtak T8, this is a fast and neat peace of hardware and also on this forum on "XBMC hardware" and its working fine but you still have to fine-tune the software.

Were have you bought it? Couldn't find a retailer that quickly
So my Minix X8-H box has arrived and I played with it for a while. It's a solid machine. XBMC runs swell. The dualband wifi is also great. ALready flashed the latest beta firmware just for kicks - all good. The Minix dev and user community is pretty active - people from Minix also reply to threads.

WIth 2GB RAM and 16GB flash, 2.0 GHz quad-core CPU and octa-core GPU, 4K ready (30 fps) you're very much set. I quite like the box, build quality is also very good. It's a little more expensive than noname brands using the same Amlogic chip but all the extra features from Minix and active support and community are worth it in my view.
I've just received this box for testing and I need to say, it works very smooth. It has powerful specs, like 2gb ram, amlogic s802, dual wifi, 2 GHz and a lot more. XBMC 13.1 is installed and Preloaded with a lot of addons. Quite interesting that xbmc has no issues at all, it streams 4k and 1080p videos with amlogic hardware decoding enabled. I always had trouble with the new amlogic s802 boxes and xbmc. I've a 720p tv and xbmc would not show up as full screen. This solves all the issues I've had. The packaging is very professional and manual is in english. Includes HDMI, SPDIF, 2XUSB, OTG, SD CARD AND AV OUTPUT for older tv versions. To try it out just search for Ez-BOX MX3 on Amazon.
The only downside is the remote, which seems like every box with a standard IR remote. But it is ok for xbmc and basic navigating. I personally use my phone or my usb keyboard.
Seems like they really have it together. Happy streaming everybody.
I got a RK3188 T-R42 around 6 months ago. Since I am in the UK I tried to find a good supplier and went for Little Smart Box. They included a slightly modified XBMC so that there is hardware acceleration in XBMC which plays videos really well. They also have the option to preinstall addons, but I know the devs here are against that.

They have also got the next generation M8 Android TV Box, which looks like it has custom firmware and a special XBMC to give smooth playback on the AMLogic chips.

It looks like all these android boxes need modified XBMC/Kodi currently as there is a lack of HW acceleration, hopefully this will be resolved in future firmware updates and XBMC versions.

I actually got the M8 now and WOW I am impressed, full 1080p video plays no problem and the user interface of the box is so much better, coupled with my air mouse I am very happy!!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Android (TV) - Kodi Box0