Status of proper timeshift with TVHeadend
Ok it seems to have worked Smile At the moment I can't skip through live TV though despite editing remote.xml and keyboard.xml to change the arrow keys to the same as fullscreen video.

Here's my build:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7430...ux-arm.zip
@Morphy99: the default keymap has been changed in the latest nightlies (maybe even in the beta), the arrow keys now jump in the timeshift buffer by default.
Ahh I copied them over from my frodo install as they were highly customised. Guess I'll have to get the defaults and have a look at those again. Grrr. Thanks for the heads up again Smile
Ok so I got the default keymaps from the xbmc git and still no skip forward or back. Also rewind and fast forward arent working. That and the EPG is blank too :/
We'll have to look at the EPG issue, someone else reported the same thing. For now you can check Asynchronous EPG in the addon, that should give you some EPG data.

You have obviously screwed up your keymap somehow. Post it here so someone can take a look at it.
Yea it's all a bit weird. I managed to get EPG and the keys working last night, trouble is I don't really know the exact steps now. I think it was Asynchronous EPG ticked but I had to reset the EPG database after boot to get it to show.

So this morning decided to wipe the .xbmc folder and start afresh as I'm wondering if the upgrade method in raspbmc is causing leftover frodo config files to cause a problem. The way I used to upgrade was to install a fresh current stable of raspbmc then follow the procedures here to install the nightly. I'm thinking doing it this way will keep the userdata folder from frodo however and cause an issue?

It seems keys in live TV are working now however timeshift isn't behaving which was the same as last night. I have 3.4 dirty backend should I have a later version?
Also deleting the .xbmc folder has broken other things so maybe a mistake there. Think I need to start a fresh another day... Argh!
It shouldn't matter if you upgrade from an earlier version or not. The databases are copied and upgraded, all that is left from the old install is the XML files (like the keymap).

I also use the old stable version and it works pretty well, what sort of problems are you having?
For my understanding. Are we talking about TVH itself or the XBMC addon available?

I have a pretty recent build from TVH for my NAS and EPG etc works perfectly fine, so does timeshift (havent tested skip/fast forward yet, will do tonight)
schumi2004 we're talking about the addon.

Ok so went back to this after another fresh install. In timeshift my buffer becomes full despite having diskspace and unlimited file size ticked. Also skipping freezes the stream. Here is the debug log just that happening:
Mar 19 21:23:09.189 timeshift: ts 2 enter timeshift mode
Mar 19 21:23:09.189 timeshift: ts 2 change speed 0
Mar 19 21:24:26.987 timeshift: ts 2 buffer full
Mar 19 21:26:39.675 timeshift: ts 2 change speed 100
Mar 19 21:26:55.383 timeshift: ts 2 remove /home/pi/.hts/tvheadend/buffer/2/tvh-12
Mar 19 21:27:55.426 timeshift: ts 2 sob speed 100
Mar 19 21:28:05.453 timeshift: ts 2 skip 122904000 requested 11061360
Mar 19 21:28:05.454 timeshift: ts 2 skip last_time 839968112 pts_delta 738543534
Mar 19 21:28:24.715 subscription: "127.0.0.1 [ XBMC Media Center ]" unsubscribing from "E4"
Mar 19 21:28:24.722 timeshift: ts 2 remove /home/pi/.hts/tvheadend/buffer/2/tvh-13
Hi all,

I have a computer with Kubuntu and TVheadend installed, so i can play TV on XBMC and make recordings. ¿How can I have the timeshift function?

Many thanks in advance.

EDIT: I found the tab timeshift on tvheadend menu, hehe, in works great Smile

Regards
You compiled the wrong branch. The master branch is for XBMC master, the Gotham branch is for XBMC Gotham.
Hi folks,

using Helix (OE snapshot r19139) with pvr.tvh. I notice quite weird behaviour when seeking/skipping in the timeshift buffer. Especially when hitting the end with skipforward I quite often get thrown to the beginning of the buffer. Cool

Anyone else seeing this or similar annoyances?

Diddle.
Hi Diddle,

same for me.. no matter how I'm seeking in the timeshift buffer it's jumping back to the beginning.. ;-) I'm wondering why this seems to work for the others.. I've checked out the most recent versions from tvheadend, pvr.tvh and xbmc helix (kodi) directly from their git repositories..
It doesn't work for anyone else either (at least reliably). I've tried to get confirmation from the VDR guys if it works for them but haven't managed to, until then it's hard to say where to start looking for faults.
(2014-03-14, 14:21)negge Wrote: Windows build available at:

http://werket.tlk.fi/~negge/pvr.tvh/pvr....elease.zip

0.4.0? that Seems to be a very old version…

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Status of proper timeshift with TVHeadend0